- Job no: AT4EC
- Earn while you learn, making a smooth transition into a swim teaching career
- Lay the foundations of your career and learn valuable leadership skills
- Flexible and fun, alongside a vibrant and supportive team
Casual and part time swim teacher roles available - become a swim teacher at Kingswim Manor Lakes!
- Earn while you learn - be paid to complete your Swim Teaching qualification and relevant training hours, supervised and mentored by an experienced teacher
- Once qualified, start at an hourly rate of $28.26 (casual) or $22.61 (part time) with increases as you gain experience (please note that junior rates apply for 16-19 year olds)
- Free access to YMCA gyms & pools across Victoria!
- Training and regular working hours on a flexible schedule - works perfectly for high school & uni students, or those transitioning to retirement
- So much more than a job – make a long-lasting impact on children, families, and the community
- Learn valuable leadership skills – lay the foundations of your career
- Balance your lifestyle with a vibrant and supportive team of people who care about you
Your opportunity: Become a Swim Teacher
Would you like a fun, flexible and impactful role with plenty of career opportunities? Do you have a passion for making a real difference in young people’s lives? Teach children skills that last a lifetime at Kingswim Manor Lakes!
We’re looking for enthusiastic Swim Teachers to join our newest centre to deliver effective, engaging, and enjoyable swimming lessons with a team that’s focused on safety and fun!
Why become a Swim Teacher? Here’s what our people say:
Being a Teacher at Kingswim is more than just a part-time job. I absolutely love my role and being able to build those relationships with the children and their families. You’re not sitting behind a desk, doing monotonous tasks; you’re so active and involved every day.
Training made easy – here’s how it works
We take the hassle out of training to make your transition into Swim Teaching as smooth as possible. Unlike other employers, Kingswim provides training that will result in a qualification and a casual or part-time job upon completion. Here’s what’s included:
- Offer of employment as a 'Swim Teacher in Training' at Kingswim
- Swimming and Water Safety Teacher Course – approximately $400, costs covered by Kingswim
- Paid water and training placement hours to become a qualified Swim Teacher - costs covered by Kingswim
New to swim teaching?
No worries! You don’t need to be an elite swimmer, either. What matters is that you have a passion for working with and developing children. At Kingswim, you’ll get all the training you need. You’ll learn how to confidently and safely deliver a variety of kids swimming lessons, from baby swimming classes to advanced lessons for our future superstars.
To be eligible for our funded swim teacher training, you’ll need to be available to commit to one prime-time shift for a minimum of twelve months.
Who should apply?
Our Swim Teachers are from all walks of life and include:
- High-school graduates wanting to enter the world of work
- Retirees and people transitioning to retirement
- Parents looking for a flexible, family-friendly role
- Teaching students who want practical, real-world experience
- Medical, nursing, and physiotherapy students
- People who have been involved in swimming clubs or worked as a Lifeguard
- Freelancers wanting extra work, stability and fulfilment
You’re fun, energetic and customer-focused with a passion for the safety, wellbeing, and education of children. You also enjoy being part of a friendly team that’s dedicated to building a thriving community! In return, Kingswim offers you the ability to earn while you learn, flexible shifts, leadership development opportunities, a supportive environment, and Fitness Industry Award rates.
Commitment to safeguarding
At the Kingswim, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au
Kingswim and the YMCA
Kingswim is a brand of the trusted not-for-profit, YMCA Victoria. Our Swim Teachers teach more than 25,000 kids each week to be competent and safe in and around the water. Employing over 700 staff, Kingswim operates 22 Learn to Swim Centres across Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast. As a Kingswim staff member, you'll receive free access to all Y pools and gyms across the state!
Are you ready to make a splash with us?
If you’d like to start and finish each day with a smile on your face while nurturing our future swimmers, we’d love to hear from you!
Start your journey as a Kingswim Swim Teacher today. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Kingswim Teacher - Manor Lakes” if you have any questions or would like to request a copy of the Position Description.
- Published on 13 Nov 2023, 10:10 PM