- Job no: 6AXJF
- On-the-job training and skill development in a established and rapidly growing business
- Balance your lifestyle with a vibrant and supportive team of people who care about you
- So much more than a job – make a long-lasting impact on children, families, and the community
Would you like a fun, flexible and impactful role alongside a passionate team? Do you have a passion for making a real difference in young people’s lives? Kingswim are seeking an enthusiastic and engaging individual to join the leadership team at Dingley, in the role of Assistant Centre Manager.
The Assistant Centre Manager role offers the unique opportunity to work alongside the Centre Manager to build and develop your an energetic, vibrant, high performance team to become the swim school of choice in the region. This individual will be a key role in the leadership team to deliver:
- Programming of our learn to swim program
- Customer service excellence
- Team performance - quality both in and out of the pool
- OH&S management and facility maintenance
- Community engagement
The ideal candidate will have leadership experience and a keen interest to work within a family friendly environment that aims to make a difference. This is a permanent full-time role, paid at Level 7 of the Fitness Industry Award - $31.02 per hour.
Centre management teams, including Assistant Centre Managers, are required to be flexible in attendance across all shifts, including weekend and evening work. As part of the Assistant Centre Manager role, the successful applicant will be required to play an active role in the learn-to-swim program, and must be prepared to spend parts of their weekly schedule on pool deck and in the pool.
- You’re a passionate and driven leader with a strong focus on people (aquatic experience is desirable) with the ability to motivate and support the team
- You have personal and professional aspirations to provide high quality learn-to-swim lessons to the local community
- You possess strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
In return, Kingswim offers continual support and mentoring from experienced colleagues and leaders designed to grow and enhance your skillset; professional development delivered through in-house sessions and online learning; and stability of full-time employment to support potential career progression.
Commitment to safeguarding
All applicants undergo screenings prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/equivalent in accordance with state/territory laws
- Two reference checks
*Please note, the results of any National and International Police Check will only be used to assess your suitability to perform the role.
Kingswim and the YMCA
Kingswim is a brand of the trusted not-for-profit YMCA. Our Swim Teachers teach more than 25,000 kids each week to be competent and safe in and around the water. Employing over 700 staff, Kingswim operates 22 Learn to Swim Centres across Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Are you ready to make a splash with us?
If you’d like to start and finish each day with a smile on your face while nurturing our future swimmers, we’d love to hear from you!
Start your journey with Kingswim today. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Assistant Centre Manager - Dingley" if you have any questions or would like to request a copy of the Position Description.