- Australia #1 Best Places to Work 2022
- Elevate and fast-track your career
- Start anytime in the year
We are a highly Supportive company.
Kapitol is an innovation-driven construction company based in Melbourne set to outpace and disrupt the industry. As one of Australia’s fastest-growing design and construct enterprises, we proudly combine a fresh approach with decades of expertise. The result is smarter, safer, more agile building solutions, a diverse portfolio including commercial, residential and education projects, and an award-winning workplace culture.
Our team is an Authentic group of professionals.
We consider hiring top emerging talent for our Graduate Program all the way through the year! We target passionate, curious and driven Undergraduates (Cadets) and Graduates in Construction Management or Project Management to join our team. You will work on site as part of a project team delivering both new build and fit out projects across commercial, education, industrial and residential projects, and will assist our teams in delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients.
Kapitol Group offers a comprehensive, 2-year program, during which you will gain exposure across all facets of construction and partake in monthly technical and interpersonal skills training forums. Your learning won’t stop after the 2 years, as we’ll continue developing your foundation. Successful Graduates will work across several different projects, ensuring a holistic, well-rounded experience.
Working alongside your dedicated Project Manager, and with support from your onsite Team, Construction Manager and People & Culture, you will work through our comprehensive Competency Matrix to provide a structured learning experience. The competencies cover HSEQ, Contract Administration, Project Coordination, Site Supervision, Estimating, Programming, Design, Planning & Presenting.
We are a fast-paced and growing company, looking for passionate people that thrive on success and take pride in the quality of their work. Creative, innovative thinkers with strong learning mindsets make up our existing team – and we set out to bring aboard the same.
You will embody an Inspirational approach to work.
What you will do:
- Learn from a team of experienced and passionate construction professionals
- Assist the team to deliver exceptional outcomes to customers
- Help ensure the project is being managed to programme and contractual obligations
- Assist the team with variations, compliance certificates, warranties and defects
- Identify and assist in managing project risks and issues
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure that the required approvals are obtained
- Liaise with clients, consultants and subcontractors throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure all Health, Safety, Environment and Quality standards and processes are adhered to
What you will bring:
- A genuine passion for the Construction industry
- Relevant tertiary qualification, i.e. Bachelor of Construction Management, Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) or equivalent degree
- Curiosity to continually learn and apply that learning on the job
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative approach and a focus on teamwork
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
We are Driven to offer you a great career and benefits.
- Awarded #1 Best Place to Work 2022
- Agile, fast-tracked career development pathways
- Industry-specific, leading training and development
- 5-day week; site managers enjoy our “10 in 14” program
- Flexible working arrangement options and hours
- Paid Parental Leave, financial and practical support
- Expanding selection health/wellbeing initiatives
- And there is so much more for us to discuss with you!
Kapitol value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, life stages, cultures, faiths, sexual orientation, and genders.
Rarely does a new hire at Kapitol satisfy all our selection criteria; we would love to hear from those who feel they have potential to be great. Find out more about Kapitol Group on our website (kapitolgroup.com.au) – and follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram for regular updates.
Please be sure to apply directly as we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies, nor any agency-represented candidates for this role. Kapitol will not be held responsible for any associated fees from recruitment agencies resulting from unsolicited introductions.