We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
At Jemena, we are focused on empowering our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Diversity & Inclusion, and Benefits
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
Here's an overview of our role:
Within the framework of the Asset Management System, the Chartered Senior Engineer is responsible for providing engineering and technical services. These will support the safety, reliability, integrity and long term value of Jemena’s Gas Distribution Asset Class, that supports Jemena’s commercial and operational objective.
Under direction you will have ownership of technical input to:
- Opportunity Briefs
- Front End Engineering Design, Project Support, Construction and Commissioning
- Performance Monitoring
- Operational Engineering Support
- Performance Non-Conformance investigation and reporting
- Asset Integrity Monitoring and Condition Assessment
- Tertiary Qualifications and/or higher in Engineering specifically within Electrical, Instrumentation or Controls (or similar)
- Chartered Professional Engineer (Engineers Australia) and/or Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
- Certified Professional Engineer or Registered Professional Engineer (or working towards)
- extensively E&I and control system design experience
- Oil & Gas experience preferred
- Working knowledge of earthing systems and design, along with extensive knowledge of Field Instrumentation and Control Systems
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.