HSE Business Partner
At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity and Inclusion
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the role:
We are looking for our new HSE Business Partner to join the current team based in Western Sydney, NSW.
You will be reporting to the HSE Manager and will empower the operational teams to deliver optimal HSE solutions that underpin Jemena’s HSE Strategy.
As an integral part of the HSE team, this opportunity affords an autonomous role to work with operations across Sydney and regional NSW to ensure operational safe systems of work and effective work processes and practices are achieved.
There is regular travel to sites and some overnight stays required for this position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Foster collaborative partnerships with internal clients, acting as the primary point of contact for that client group
- Provide expert advice on complex HSE matters to leaders, employees and clients
- Empower, coach, and influence operational leaders to promote a positive and resilient safety culture
- Support development and delivery of HSE initiatives/programs in line with Group HSE Strategy
- Lead complex HSE investigations and support operations with less complex HSE investigations
- Develop and review HSE Management Plans and Risk workshops
- Conduct quality HSE audits and inspections to assist in recommendations for tailored programs to improve HSE performance
- Support management of incidents and risks to ensure they are appropriately captured and reported
To set yourself up for success in Jemena, you will come from a similar role in a comparable industry and are perhaps seeking a role with greater breadth where you can educate, mentor and engage. You understand the nuances between asset owner and contractors.
- Tertiary, Diploma level or industry qualifications in Health & Safety
- Lead Auditor & ICAM qualifications
- Additional qualifications in Environmental & TAE will be viewed favourably
- Expert knowledge of Australian HSE legislative frameworks and codes of practice
- Unwavering commitment to elevate safety from a matter of compliance to an integral way of working
Looking inwards we expect your “softer” skillset to boast a versatile 'can do' attitude with a positive, friendly demeanour, strong decision making, a high level of adaptability coupled with a collaborative nature which shines through in your work.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.