- Full-time role
- Amazing career prospects
- Recent graduates are welcome to apply
Technical Officer – Capacity Planning
At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity and Inclusion
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the role:
The Capacity Planning Technical Officer is responsible for providing prudent and efficient engineering, technical and design services in order to support and influence the growth and operations of Jemena’s gas distribution assets.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the continued supply of gas to Jemena's customers and to provide timely, effective and efficient recommendation and design inputs to new customer, supply upgrade or network expansion requests while ensuring safety, reliability, integrity and long term value of the gas assets is maintained and in line with the asset class strategies, impacting both the commercial and technical goals of the organisation.
This role provides and supports the line manager in ensuring technical solutions support the asset management, operational and commercial objectives of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
Support Customer and Commercial growth activities by providing high quality and cost effective design and engineering solutions, through:
- Technical designs for connection of new customers and other modifications to the distribution assets (low and medium pressure networks)
- Liaison with internal stakeholders / customers / contractors / engineers to identify the most cost effective way to supply new / upgraded loads
- Use of design software (GIS and CAD) to capture the location and quantity of proposed new assets and to produce design plots in support of end to end construction processes
Basic understanding of construction process, for:
- Identification of risks and changes in process / controls for market expansion driven activity
- Liaison with process stakeholders on resolution of issues and implementation of changes
Support Engineering Change Management process
Interface with other Asset Management groups and other Business Units, to optimise and deliver on shared responsibilities and works programs.
- Desirable – qualification (Diploma or higher) in technical or business related fields such as Computer Aided Design (CAD), Geographical Information System (GIS) or Business.
- Technical experience in development of effective and efficient capacity designs for new connections, new estates and other market expansion requests.
- Working knowledge of IT systems used for collection of information for network planning purposes, including works management (SAP), GIS and/or CAD and other common office applications.
- High level understanding of utilities distribution and/or transmission businesses, including electricity and gas regulatory regimes.
- Ability to review and interpret utility reticulation design plans.
- Developed verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Good time management.
We are looking for a person who can grow into a larger role through development and learning and are happy to consider a graduate.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status.