- Job no: F4NYN
- focus on work/life balance + enjoy 2 additional weeks' of purchased annual leave
- W-F-H flexibility empowered to work your way & agile
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being/family support benefits
We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working.
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people.
Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorse employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Here's an overview of our role:
As the Kafka Developer, you will drive continuous design, develop and support all market and corporate functions. This includes project and product line initiatives delivery, operational support and system enhancements.
You will be working across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams with talented integration developers, learning from others, as well as sharing your knowledge with them as well. There is a rotational 24x7 on-call support component to this role.
As a Kafka subject matter expert, you will initially joining a Kafka implementation project from the ground up. Strong knowledge using Kafka for event driven architecture is a must. You will be assisting the team on the capability uplift and help lead using best practices.
A little about you:
- experience in a similar Kafka Engineer role, along with full-stack development
- considerable system support and maintenance experience
- excellent people leadership and customer service delivery experience
- strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience
- well rounded facilitation, negotiation and communication skills
- excellent stakeholder engagement experience
Skills and qualifications you'll bring:
- extensive knowledge with Kafka(Experience with Confluent will be a bonus)
- event driven Microservices development leveraging Kafka
- strong focus on DevOps best practice and test driven development
- familiar with infrastructure as code concept and cloud technologies(e.g. AWS)
- the role integration plays - integration tools (e.g. webMethods, MuleSoft) and hybrid integration solutions (i.e. iPaaS vs Cloud vs. On-Premise)
- SDLC in the context of agile delivery and experience in different agile delivery methodologies
- Electricity and Gas markets experience desirable
- ITIL processes (service operations)
- technology trends (e.g. IoT, RPA, APIs, Data Analytics)
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Closes in 21 days - 29 Aug 2022
- Published on 01 Aug 2022, 6:52 AM