• Fantastic opportunity in a growing energy company
• Brisbane location with flexible working options
• Permanent, full time opportunity
At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their own potential, be themselves at work and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on our employees’ wellbeing, equal pay, equal opportunities and policies to support a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are.
About the role
Jemena are recruiting for a highly motivated and experienced Business Development Manager to join our Gas Markets Team. With a strong focus on Gas Markets and Pipelines Transmission, we are looking for someone who will drive commercial strategy, generate opportunities and lead negotiations that support our growth strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading the commercial function for mergers and acquisitions and greenfield construction projects,
- Providing deep commercial and economic (including financial) expertise to transaction execution,
- Developing commercial analysis and procuring market intelligence to support strategic decision making,
- Developing bid tender documentation and leading tender responses,
- Proactively maintaining relationships with the market (including investment banks, advisers, potential partners, upstream participants, competitors) and with required Government officers,
- Managing and growing the business development pipeline of opportunities, reporting on opportunities and maintaining the Business Opportunity Register.
What we are looking for
With a tertiary degree in an analytical and problem solving related discipline (commerce, finance, economics, law, engineering), you will also come with experience in commercial strategy as well as preparing and presenting detailed investment proposals for acquisition or greenfield development projects in excess of $100m.
You will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the East Australian Gas market and opportunities for transmission pipelines, as well as the electricity and gas regimes across Australia.
With demonstrated experience in commercial negotiations for high value revenue contracts, you will also have strong conceptual, analytical and economic and financial modelling skills.
This roles requires you to have experience in developing corporate growth strategy so we are looking for the successful candidate to come with strong written and oral communication skills for effective interaction between management, employees and external organisations.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!!
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.