- Job no: 14087a
Our Group contains two brands - Jemena is an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day. Zinfra is the trusted partner to the energy industry and delivers maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. Our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
We pride ourselves on our innovative approach, technical expertise, and dedication to safety, quality, and sustainability. Our Group’s over 3000 team members across the East Coast, consistently strive to make a difference in the communities we serve.
About the role
Our General Manager Digital & Analytics translates our business issues/opportunities into business requirements and technical solutions. They provide expert consultancy through collaboration to assist in defining the overall technology strategy, designs and delivery programmes that shape our Group.
You will lead digital transformation in our Group through enterprise architecture and core technology expertise providing to technology alignment, platform selection, technology business cases, and road-mapping.
Key Responsibilities include
- Digital and Data Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy that incorporates the latest industry trends and emerging technologies to drive business growth.
- Architectural Excellence: Define and maintain the digital architecture roadmap, ensuring it supports our strategic goals and enables scalability, security, and performance.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with various departments and business units in our Group, to ensure digital and architectural initiatives are in sync with organizational and user group needs.
- Team Management: Lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing team of currently over 70 team members across 5 direct reports. Fostering a culture of learning, collaboration, and innovation.
- Technology Evaluation: Stay up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and trends. Select and implement tools and platforms that align with our strategic goals.
- Data Analytics & Insights: Lead a team of data analysts and data scientists to extract actionable insights from data and provide strategic recommendations to stakeholders.
- Data Governance: Establish and enforce data governance policies and practices to ensure data accuracy, security, and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Lead the Project Management Function (PMO) to ensure implementation of frameworks, systems, policies, and processes that deliver a robust and consistent approach to project controls, including risk, cost, and schedule, across our project portfolio.
- A leader with experience in design and execution of strategy and a proven ability to integrate digital and data objectives with business goals.
- Excellent CX/UX, story telling ability and collaboration skills.
- Experience in nurturing a data-driven culture and managing change in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in data technologies: databases, warehousing, integrations and visualisation tools.
- Deep understanding of data privacy and security regulations within an industry with high regulatory compliance.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Track record of effectively managing, developing and mentoring high-performing teams.
- Ideally experienced with managing Operational Technologies such as SCADA or IoT
We are a champion of equal opportunity employment and have committed to targets for gender equity and first nations representation in our workforce. We want you to come as you are by promoting an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with.
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds including First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ+ community, gender, neurodiverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics.
Our people are our energy source and we offer meaningful benefits and rewards that work for you. This is a hybrid role based in our Melbourne Collins St offices. We offer industry leading workplace flexibility and inclusion practices to support you both at and outside of work.
Join our team and make a meaningful impact toward Australia’s “Net Zero” targets through the delivery of critical infrastructure projects and be a part of our journey to shape the future of the energy and utilities industry.
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Published on 03 Nov 2023, 4:03 AM