Senior LV Outage Planner
At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity and Inclusion
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior LV Outage Planner to support the Outage Planning team in the coordination of outage applications and the Planned Outage Carding Management (POCM) application.
The Senior LV Outage Planner is responsible for assisting with the delivery of the Jemena Electricity Networks works program, whilst maintaining a focus on quality of outage applications, the ongoing training of applicants, POCM oversight, and as a point of escalation for complex request across the team.
The role is required to assist with the creation and implementation of processes and procedures to support interaction with peers within the team.
The position is accountable for the effective reporting, training, and coordination of peers and colleagues across Jemena, and to develop process and system enhancement to drive continuous improvement within the Outage Planning Team and systems used in the End-to-End process for planned outages.
Your responsibilities will include:
The Senior LV Outage Planner will –
- Ensure the timely creation of switching instructions and the notification of customers for planned outages, so to ensure Jemena’s regulatory obligations are met.
- Provide process, team & business leadership in relation to the Planned Outage submission by applicants.
- Provide technical expertise & guidance to applicants/personnel who apply for access to the Electrical Network, in advising, assisting and ongoing training to ensure that applicants provide quality applications.
- Monitor submitted Outage Applications for quality and accept or rejected prior to assigning outage applications to LV Operations Planners.
- Monitor outage applications and liaise with Field/Depot workforce & Control Room as required to align the best possible solutions to avoid optimise the outage area, reduce impacted customer and minimise customer minutes off supply prior to assigning work to LV Operations Planners.
- Monitor work submitted and assign outage applications to LV Operation Planners so that Switching Instruction are created to agreed time frames and to avoid notification breaches.
- Provide process, team & business leadership in relation to the POCM system.
- Monitor carding process timelines within the PCOM system on a daily bases ensuring that all work is assigned to resources, and that all jobs that requiring customer notification have returned evidence so that a notification breach does not occur.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or other technically/trade-oriented discipline, or equivalent work experience in the electrical utility industry.
- A high level of technical specialist skills in outage applications, switching instruction and customer notification for electrical planned outages.
- Experience in the electrical industry is required.
- Experience of coordinating peers and stakeholders in a change environment.
- Detailed understanding of LV electrical networks as well as electrical operating procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated outage application knowledge and experience with an understanding of the regulatory obligations.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution network elements, construction, maintenance and testing activities.
- Experience in Administrative Management of work, including oversight, assignment, and scheduling of work.
- Competent in using DMS/OMS, GIS, SAP and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.