- Job no: 3ATHK
- Banking sector
- Dynamic and growing customer-oriented environment
- Genuine career development on offer
Come and join a collaborative and supportive team that works with purpose to empower its customers to be confident about their financial future.
Established in 1959, G&C Mutual Bank has grown to be one of Australia’s strongest customer-owned banks. Customer focussed and values-driven, we make responsible, ethical decisions that benefit our customers and the community. Our profits are reinvested to provide better products and services for our customers.
If that ethos resonates with you, we’d like to hear from you. Experience the G&C Mutual Bank difference – It’s your bank, because you own it.
Are you looking to get your foot in the door to a career in Financial Services? We have a fantastic opportunity to get you there with a Traineeship position in our Credit Administration team. In this role, you’ll get valuable work experience over a twelve-month period while completing an accredited qualification in Financial Services. With time designated to complete your studies, the traineeship also includes mentoring and coaching to set you up with the skills you need to pursue a career in the industry.
Key aspects of the role that you will learn include:
- Developing your knowledge of the Banking industry
- Understanding the loan process for a variety of retail loan types
- Producing loan contracts and contract variations
- Coordinating the loan settlement process
- Performing basic accounting tasks related to the loan settlement process
- Developing your administration and interpersonal skills
- Using various systems related to the loan process and general office environment
The position is based in Sydney CBD with easy access to transport routes and other amenities.
We’re looking for someone who:
- has good written and verbal communication skills
- is team oriented and interested in working in a busy environment
- is interested in pursuing a career in Financial Services
- has a service / customer-oriented mindset
- is proficient with standard Microsoft applications
We value our employees by providing:
- Discretionary bonus based on organisational performance
- Discounts on financial and lifestyle products (some with qualifying period)
- Option to cash out annual leave
- A paid volunteering day each year
- Incentives for independent study along with opportunities for ongoing learning and career development
- Access to Employee Assistance Program and other wellbeing benefits
We’ve built a team that values service, teamwork and integrity, to go above and beyond for our members. We have a focus on performance and continuous improvement and work collaboratively to get it right. As a member of the Diversity Council of Australia, we recognise the benefits that diversity brings to our organisation. We strive toward a collaborative culture which capitalises on the diverse skills, backgrounds and experiences of our employees.
You must be a permanent resident or Australian citizen to be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
- Published on 29 Mar 2023, 1:09 AM