As a part of the DRA Global Group, the G&S Engineering team has over 1000 multi-skilled and professional employees. We deliver professionally managed engineering, maintenance and construction projects to the mining, materials handling and processing industries. Here at G&S Engineering we pride ourselves on our safety culture.
G&S provides a customer centric service which enhances the value and performance of our client's assets, and our success is achieved only through the ability, determination, and passion of our people.
About the role:
You will be responsible for providing guidance and direction to the project team in relation to commitment to health and safety, ensuring quality work is delivered, that costs are managed, and that the project is delivered on time and to the client’s satisfaction.
We are looking for an exceptional Shutdowns Mechanical Supervisor to provide support to current and upcoming projects.
Key duties and accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Providing leadership and guidance across all aspects of health and safety on the project, ensuring hazards are eliminated or controlled, and meeting all reporting requirements.
- Providing effective project management support to the team, including planning, preparation, delivery, and completion of the project.
- Providing ongoing coaching and guidance to the team, including providing performance feedback.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with existing and potential clients, and other stakeholders.
- Working with the Project Controller regarding project costs.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, and other staff to identify and implement business improvements.
To thrive in this position, you will possess the following:
- A mechanical trade qualification and good technical knowledge.
- Experience in construction and maintenance of heavy industrial machinery preferably in a shutdown environment
- Dragline/Shovel experience preferred.
- Sound supervisory skills and experience
- The ability to effectively communicate.
- Energy and commitment to getting the job done, together with a positive ‘can do’ approach to challenges.
- Strong time management skills.
Benefits of working at G&S Engineering:
- Our first consideration is your safety and wellbeing, our success is achieved only through the ability, determination, and passion of our people.
- Highly competitive salary package
- Extensive career progression opportunities in a listed global company.
- Employee assistance programs for you and your family.
- Staff leisure discounted rates at multiple airlines, car rentals and equipment hire companies.
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Medibank Private Health discounts.
At G&S, it is our people who make the difference. To share in our success, apply now!
Don’t delay as we will be shortlisting as soon as applications are received.
Ready to grow, be supported in your journey and achieve with your new company G&S Engineering? Then we welcome your interest and application.
To learn more about us, visit our website: http://www.g-s.com.au/
At G&S Engineering, we realise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included and treated with respect.
Our Recruitment Team kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies.