As a part of the DRA Global Group, the G&S Engineering team has over 1000 multi-skilled and professional employees. We deliver professionally managed engineering, maintenance and construction projects to the mining, materials handling and processing industries. Here at G&S Engineering we pride ourselves on our safety culture.
G&S provides a customer centric service which enhances the value and performance of our client's assets, and our success is achieved only through the ability, determination, and passion of our people.
About the role:
The HSE Advisor ensures that we follow procedures and processes in relation to health, safety, and environment to achieve the business objectives of Zero Exposure and an Injury Free Workplace.
You will have excellent communication, negotiation, and mentoring abilities with a demonstrated knowledge of OH&S legislation to advise and coordinate HSE functions on a day-to-day basis to meet the needs of your clients.
Key duties and accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Manage HSE duties to support our vision of a zero-exposure workplace.
- Provide site and project guidance, emphasising risk management.
- Implement HSE initiatives and innovations.
- Liaise and audit sub-contractors for HSE compliance.
- Conduct project and site audits and workplace inspections
- Facilitate HSE inductions and risk awareness training.
- Participate in Critical Risk Management activities.
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with the project team and workers.
- Passionately communicate our HSE expectations and standards continuously.
- Provide incident reporting and investigation expertise.
- Actively promote hazard reporting and corrective actions.
- Manage fitness for work requirements, including fatigue management.
- Maintain a strong relationship with our clients and HSE professionals on site
To thrive in this position, you will possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the resources industry
- Minimum of Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE).
- Incident investigation / root cause analysis training – ICAM or similar.
- Fitness for work testing qualifications (desirable).
- Current Applied First Aid Certificate.
- Current Confined Space Entry and Working at Heights certificates.
- Current Coal Board Medical.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Project, work group and individual risk assessment skills.
Benefits of working at G&S Engineering:
- Our first consideration is your safety and wellbeing, our success is achieved only through the ability, determination, and passion of our people.
- Highly competitive salary package
- Extensive career progression opportunities in a listed global company.
- Employee assistance programs for you and your family.
- Staff leisure discounted rates at multiple airlines, car rentals and equipment hire companies.
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Medibank Private Health discounts.
At G&S, it is our people who make the difference. To share in our success, apply now!
Don’t delay as we will be shortlisting as soon as applications are received.
Ready to grow, be supported in your journey and achieve with your new company G&S Engineering? Then we welcome your interest and application.
To learn more about us, visit our website: http://www.g-s.com.au/
At G&S Engineering, we realise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included and treated with respect.
Our Recruitment Team kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies.