Located in the heart of the Red Centre, Kings Canyon Resort is one of Australia’s most treasured tourism icons. Set among native bushland and dramatic sandstone escarpments, the resort delivers an unrivalled setting for holidaymakers to enjoy truly immersive outback holiday experiences.
Celebrating ancient culture and supporting the traditional custodians of this historic area is at the heart of Kings Canyon Resort’s operations and, with exciting investment and development planned, it is sure to become a flagship accommodation offering in our high-end resort portfolio.
With a six-tent luxury glamping precinct set unobtrusively among the native landscape, customers can experience high-end camping with all the trimmings under the Northern Territory skies. A further 128 resort rooms offer a cool sanctuary in the desert, with the deluxe offerings including spa, private balcony and the best scenic views.
For backpackers and value travellers, lodge-style accommodation is available with either shared or private rooms and shared amenities. Of course, the resort also provides for caravanners and campers enjoying the wonders of the Red Centre and Top End.
Kings Canyon Resort has a large F&B component with several restaurants and bar. Catering to a diverse range of tastes from higher-end dining to bistro style favourites and BBQ, the emphasis on fresh, local ingredients and an Aussie take on hearty favourites.
We are looking for a hard working and qualified person to fill the Plumber position at the Resort. In this role, you will be responsible for gas and plumbing repairs, preventative maintenance and installation whilst working alongside the maintenance team to assist with general maintenance duties as required, in accordance with the high standards of our Discovery brand.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Trade Qualification in Plumbing (Gas & Water)
- Unrestricted/Open Manual Drivers License
- Gas Fitting License
- First Aid Certificate (highly regarded)
- Applicable license(s) to perform duties
- Workplace Health and Safety Representative Training (highly regarded)
- Relevant maintenance experience in a similar role
- The ability to support a diverse team to achieve guest satisfaction and meet business objectives
- The ability to maximise the use of resources and adhere to budgetary requirements as directed
- The ability to deliver prompt and efficient maintenance solutions
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Effective coaching, mentoring and training skills
What we're looking for
- Fantastic customer service
- Team orientated but also able to work autonomously
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible attitude to work hours over a 7 day roster, including weekends and public holidays
If you are passionate, adventurous, and ready to hit the ground running, we want to hear from you.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Discover more to life - APPLY NOW!
Accommodation do not allow pets.
**Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.
Discovery Parks is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our staff, customers and the communities we operate in. Due to the latest highly contagious Covid-19 Delta variant, Discovery Parks has implemented a vaccination policy which requires all employees, wherever possible, to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This covid vaccination policy applies to all new Discovery Parks employees.