- Experience working in some of the most beautiful regional locations in Australia
- Great opportunities for growth and development in park management
- Accommodation included in annual package
It’s an exciting time for Discovery Parks. Since our inception in 2004 we have experienced extensive growth. We currently own and operate over 65 parks and employ over 1100 people throughout Australia. In 2018 we acquired Top Parks. Discovery Parks and Top Parks is now Australia’s largest network of holiday Parks. In addition to operating parks, we have the G'Day Rewards program – offering a community of mates exclusive deals and benefits at Australia’s largest network of holiday and workstay parks.
The Discovery Parks Group is a multidimensional business with a strong strategic advantage within the accommodation sector. Our aim is to be the leading regional accommodation business in Australia.
We are seeking passionate and adaptable people that enjoy working within a high-performance team that work together to help our customers discover what matters.
About the Role
You will play a critical role in the successful running of the park operations, consisting of 160 rooms, Dining Room and Tourist Camp Sites . You will assist the Park Manager overseeing multiple departments including housekeeping, catering, building & maintenance and administration.
Your responsibilities will span across administrative front office management, to park operations, planning and development.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Exceptional customer service - ensure all staff provide excellent service and efficiently handle guest enquiries
- Full financial performance and P&L responsibility with a focus on labor and food costs
- Front Office management - all aspects
- Management of site & all contract scoped accommodation and catering services
- Ensuring the efficient delivery of all services related to running the asset i.e. customer service, grounds management and cleaning. You will ensure a team culture is built to consistently provide customers with a beautiful, safe and well maintained park
- Be familiar with HACCP compliance and remote site HSE requirements
- Given the nature of our business and care for customers an on-call roster will form part of the job requirements
Skills & Experience
We are looking for an individual with the ability to develop park team members and lead the park in the Manager's absence. You will be able to prioritise your workload to achieve daily outcomes whilst also understanding the big picture, always with the customer as the priority. You will bring to the role:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in hospitality management or other related industries
- Proven and demonstrated experience in managing, developing and training staff
- Strong computer skills, especially in the MS Office suite
- Proven experience in general building maintenance and grounds work
- A flexible attitude to work, and work hours (including weekends and after hours)
- Knowledge and understanding of WHS and responsibilities
- Previous experience with RMS or similar reservations systems will be held in high regard
- A love of customer facing communication, tourism and ideally the outdoors and the desire to be part of a regional town
- Industry standard base salary plus all inclusive accommodation for YOU & YOUR FAMILY
- Annual bonus based on KPI's
- Professional development & opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally
- Discounted accommodation at our network of parks for you, your family & friends
- Discounted products from our G'day rewards Partners
How to Apply
Discovery what matters - APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below. Please have your cover letter and resume together in one file ready to upload.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.
Onsite accommodation included.
- Published on 28 Jul 2020, 3:11 AM