- Job no: K37RF
- Work in one of Australia’s top tourism destinations Rottnest Island
- Join a fantastic management team and fun working environment
- Stability and career growth as well as national opportunities with Discovery Parks
Discovery Parks on Rottnest Island features 83 glamping tents and is home to Pinkys Beach Club. We offer a unique and connected experience for our guests. An opportunity to turn off the phone, forget about TV’s and focus on each other as well as the natural surroundings of native flora, iconic beaches and of course the quokkas!
We are now three years into this operation with a strong Executive team. We are excited to take our learnings and further strengthen our management team to achieve an outstanding guest experience. Our operations workforce is based on site and we have access to a strong resource of support for all departments via our head office (located in Adelaide). Discovery Parks employ over 1800 people nationally and have a lot of opportunities to offer for growth and development.
To learn more about us check out some pics on our social media channels and website:
We are looking for an influential person to join our management team as a Rooms Division Manager. You will be Perth based and travel 5 days to the island, with flexibility to stayover as required. You will manage and lead the reservations, guest experience and housekeeping teams. You are responsible for the booking, resort experience and presentation and delivery of 83 glamping tents. The scope is inclusive of public areas at Pinkys Beach Club as well as staff residential areas.
- Previous experience in a Rooms Division Manager, or Front Office Manager position within a 4- or 5-star hotel
- Strong communication skills and computer literacy, knowledge of RMS advantageous
- Experience in rostering, leading, and developing team members
- Incredible attention to detail, with an understanding it’s the 1% that makes a difference
- Ensure self and team display professional, friendly and helpful service to all guests
- Manage and utilise resources available to organise and facilitate the highest possible standards in room inventory management and sales
- Drive the Rooms Division team to promote and upsell rooms and to increase hotel revenue
- Promote and nurture the resorts vision, goals and values while fostering clear communication lines
- Enforce company policies and procedures and provide guidance to staff
- Monitor guest feedback to ensure quality standards are upheld and oversee corrective action of any maintenance issues
- Monitor all Rooms Division departments' rostering and ensure productivity
- Liaise with the Housekeeping team to resolve any discrepancies in room status and take necessary action
- Liaise with the Maintenance team, to ensure effective and efficient repairs and preventative activities.
- Ensure guest complaints and issues are resolved promptly and fully resolved in a timely manner
- Coach and train team in all aspects of the role outlined in their job descriptions, particularly with a customer service focus
- Experience to manage warehouse stores, inclusive of linen, in room amenities, cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a team leadership role
- A current valid drivers licence
- Computer skills, Office 365 suite (essential), previous experience using a Property Management System, preferably RMS
- Cert III or IV in Hospitality
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends at over 300 G'Day Group holiday parks nationally.
- Discounts with our G’Day Rewards Partners including gym memberships, flights, petrol, car and camper van hire, car servicing and more!
- Service recognition awards
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal promotions and opportunities
If you are passionate, adventurous, and ready to hit the ground running, we want to hear from you.
Discover more to life - APPLY NOW!
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. Drivers Licence essential.
Discovery Parks is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our staff, customers and the communities we operate in. Due to the latest highly contagious Covid-19 Delta variant, Discovery Parks has implemented a vaccination policy which requires all employees, wherever possible, to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This Covid vaccination policy applies to all new Discovery Parks employees.
- Published on 05 Aug 2022, 4:29 AM