Discovery Parks are the largest owner and operator of holiday parks in Australia, and the industry leader. We own and operate over 65 Discovery branded holiday and workforce Parks, and also own the Top Parks network of parks – taking our portfolio to in excess of 250 parks nationally. We directly employ over 1,000 people across Australia.
At the heart of Discovery Parks are happy people: happy customers and happy staff. We are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team that works together to help our customers discover what matters.
As Multi Site Chef, you will be responsible for providing an efficient and cost-effective food service, with the smooth day-to-day operation in a Commercial Kitchen consisting of split shifts over Breakfast & dinner at one remote mine site and breakfast shift (nights) at another site in Cloncurry, with consistent superior guest focus at the forefront of all activities. As a Chef you will achieve this through implementing a strong service focus and ensuring that efficient standards and practices are employed. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
The Discovery Parks Work Stay Camps offer client companies and guests, buffet style Breakfast, Crib Lunch and Buffet Dinner.
You will assist in overseeing all kitchen employees, including training and performance development. You will be responsible for providing breakfast and Dinner buffets for guests residing at the two properties and you will also liaise with front of house staff to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of daily services including arrivals and departures and basic reporting.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous Chef experience and cooking in a similar environment
- Formal trade qualifications in commercial cooking or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in electronic purchase ordering and cost management
- Proven experience in planning and developing menus
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to prep and organise ahead
- Current First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Ability to relocate to Cloncurry
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
- Above award salary
- On site accommodation and meals
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
How to Apply
Discovery what matters - APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.