- Job no: 9DH77
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Fantastic on-site staff community
- Great rates and relocation assistance
Located in the heart of the Red Centre, Discovery Kings Canyon is one of Australia’s most treasured tourism icons. Set among native bushland and dramatic sandstone escarpments, the resort delivers an unrivalled setting for holidaymakers to enjoy truly immersive outback holiday experiences.
Celebrating ancient culture and supporting the traditional custodians of this historic area is at the heart of Discovery Kings Canyon's operations and, with exciting investment and development, it has become a flagship accommodation offering in our high-end resort portfolio.
With a six-tent luxury glamping precinct set unobtrusively among the native landscape, customers can experience high-end camping with all the trimmings under the Northern Territory skies. A further 128 resort rooms offer a cool sanctuary in the desert, with the deluxe offerings including spa, private balcony and the best scenic views.
For backpackers and value travellers, lodge-style accommodation is available with either shared or private rooms and shared amenities. Of course, the resort also provides for caravanners and campers enjoying the wonders of the Red Centre and Top End.
Discovery Kings Canyon has a large F&B component with several restaurants and bar. Catering to a diverse range of tastes from higher-end dining to bistro style favourites and BBQ, the emphasis on fresh, local ingredients and an Aussie take on hearty favourites.
We are looking for a hard working and energetic Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team. You will be actively involved in running the day to day operation of the housekeeping department across the property, and will ensure the cleaning for our various accommodation types including cleaning common areas, is at the highest level, and the presentation of the property is in accordance with the high standards of our Discovery brand.
In this role, you will:
- Be involved in the cleaning and housekeeping of guest rooms, public areas and staff accommodation
- Supervise the Housekeeping team to complete day to day housekeeping duties
- Support the implementation of plans/strategies to improve speed of service and operational efficiencies as directed
- Monitor rosters, team member allocations, daily changes and attendance approval
- Monitor stock levels, along with assisting in delivery, distribution, and rotation of stock
- Conduct stock takes and stock movement reporting
- Identify problems or issues that are required to be escalated to the Management team
- Assist with guest requests or complaints in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe work environment by assisting with implementation of OH&S policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as instructed by the Executive Housekeeper
Skills & Experience
- Relevant housekeeping experience within a resort/hotel environment
- Fantastic customer service
- Proven and demonstrated experience in a commercial housekeeping role
- Team orientated but also able to work autonomously
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Effective decision making
- Effective coaching, mentoring and training skills
- Ability to effectively delegate work and manage quality outcomes
- Flexible attitude to work hours over a 7 day roster, including weekends and public holidays
If you are passionate, adventurous, and ready to hit the ground running, we want to hear from you.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
*Please note that roles with Onsite & Live-In Accommodation do not allow pets.
**Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges
Discovery Parks is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our staff, customers and the communities we operate in. Discovery Parks has implemented a vaccination policy which requires all employees, wherever possible, to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This covid vaccination policy applies to all new Discovery Parks employees.
- Published on 05 Aug 2022, 2:12 AM