Discovery Parks are the largest owner and operator of holiday parks in Australia, and the industry leader. We own and operate over 65 Discovery branded holiday and workforce Parks, and also own the Top Parks network of parks – taking our portfolio to in excess of 250 parks nationally. We directly employ over 1,000 people across Australia.
At the heart of Discovery Parks are happy people: happy customers and happy staff. We are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team that works together to help our customers discover what matters.
Located on the mid-coast of WA between Exmouth and Karratha, a 2-hour flight or 1,400km drive from Perth, Discovery Parks Onslow is seeking and experienced Chef to take responsibility for providing an efficient and cost-effective food service, with the smooth day-to-day operation in a Commercial Kitchen.
The Onslow park is classed in our "work stay" category of parks and caters primarily to FIFO workers. The park consists of a gym, swimming pool, conference facilities and a 300 seat dining room with modern commercial kitchen serving full breakfast, crib lunch and buffet style dinner. There is an outside alfresco dining deck overlooking Beadon Bay and a large recreation room, licensed bar and wet mess/sports area.
Consisting of split shifts over Breakfast & dinner, with consistent superior guest focus at the forefront of all activities as a Chef you will implement a strong service focus and ensure that efficient standards and practices are employed. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
This position will be offered on an initial fixed term basis to commence from the 1st September and conclude in the new year. .
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous Chef experience and cooking in a similar environment
- Formal trade qualifications in commercial cooking or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in electronic purchase ordering and cost management
- Proven experience in planning and developing menus
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to prep and organise ahead
- Current First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
- Single accommodation and meals provided while on shift
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
How to Apply
Discovery what matters - APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.