About Discovery Holiday Parks
It’s an exciting time for Discovery Parks. Since our inception in 2004 we have experienced extensive growth. We currently own and operate over 65 parks and employ over 1100 people throughout Australia.
In 2018 we acquired Top Parks. Discovery Parks and Top Parks is now Australia’s largest network of holiday Parks. In addition to operating parks, we have the GDay Rewards program – offering a community of mates exclusive deals and benefits at Australia’s largest network of holiday and workstay parks.
Discovery Parks Port Augusta is at the gateway to some of South Australia’s most spectacular destinations - the Flinders Ranges, outback and Spencer Gulf - is Port Augusta, just over 300 kilometres from Adelaide. The park caters to tourists and workforce stays and encompasses the adjacent 47-roomed Acacia Ridge Motor Inn. The park has full kitchen facilities, two swimming pools, playground, activity room and a variety of different accommodation types on offer to our guests.
About the Role
As a Caretaker at Discovery Parks Port Augusta your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Park Operations, organisation and participation, including on-call and out of hours responsibilities.
• Occasional front office administration including management of guests accounts, forward bookings and reservations.
• Completion of grounds-keeping tasks, to ensure a high standard of appearance throughout the Park including maintenance of lawns, gardens, trees, painting etc.
• Completion of maintenance tasks across all Park facilities, including maintenance of plant, equipment and the Park's overall features and aesthetic appearance.
• Ensure the Park is compliant with all safety, statutory and brand standards.
• Performing Duty Manager responsibilities as required including: opening/closing facilities each day; performing out of hours security checks; attending to out of hours emergencies and/or crisis situations.
Skills & Experience
• Grounds and Maintenance experience.
• Preferably trade qualified, however not essential.
• Knowledge and understanding of WHS and responsibilities.
• Current drivers licence.
• Pool operations qualifications desirable.
• Great people and relationship building skills.
• Sound computer skills, especially in the MS Office suite.
• Availability to assist with on-call duties and work across a 7 day roster (weekends and Public Holidays).
How to Apply
If the above sounds like you then APPLY NOW!
Please visit the careers page on www.discoveryparks.com.au or via the link below. Please have your cover letter and resume together ready to upload.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.