- Job no: GTYD6
Location: Queensland &/or Northern New South Wales
Package: Competitive for the right people
Are you a self-driven HSE professional looking for your next FIFO or DIDO project? We have a couple of opportunities with immediate starts.
Why join us?
- Rapidly growing Tier 2
- Strong pipeline of projects
- Competitive salary & benefits
CMC has a strong focus on people, culture, and services, plus a great track record of delivering multi-million-dollar civil works across Queensland and NSW.
We are rapidly growing – and we want diligent time proven HSE professionals like you to come along for the ride.
About the role
We have a couple of full-time HSE Advisor roles based in and around the Queensland and northern New South Wales areas.
These roles will report to the Project Manager and, at a corporate level, to the HSEQ Manager.
You will be responsible for the ongoing implementation, auditing and continued improvement of our HS&E systems and processes, the monitoring of compliance, and for providing expert knowledge and advice working in close collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.
As a Health, Safety & Environment Advisor you will:
- Provide expert knowledge and advice and work in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders on-site;
- Ensure site based inspections and task observations are completed;
- Ensure project personnel have the necessary competencies and complete the necessary documentation for the plant and equipment utilised on-site;
- Be responsible for having training and induction records on-site up-to-date;
- Support on-site incident investigations;
- Provide injury management/rehabilitation (suitable duties) services;
- Deliver workplace safety training such as inductions, awareness, and site work health and safety training;
- Complete monthly project statistics and reports;
- Participate in project toolbox and pre-start meetings;
- Provide coaching for HS&E performance improvement;
- Ensure compliance with relevant State and Commonwealth WHS and Environmental Legislation, Australian Standards and Codes of Practice;
- Identify HS&E risks and action plans are developed, implemented, and reviewed;
- Develop safe work and environmental practices to mitigate risk;
- Provide site HS&E subcontractor management.
Ideally, you will have at least 3+ years’ experience of leading, investigating, developing, and implementing within civil construction including roads, structures and preferably mining, rail and or water infrastructure as well as possessing the following qualifications & skills;
- Minimum qualification of Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety;
- Qualifications in Auditing of Health, Safety, and Environment Systems;
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment;
- Trained in Alcohol and Drug Screening in the Workplace;
- Previously trained or qualified in Injury Management or Rehab & Return to Work;
- Knowledge of construction techniques & current experience in permit to work systems and high-risk work activities such as work at heights, confined space entry, and high-risk licensing activities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook e-mail with experience in electronic reporting and document management;
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Both willing and able to travel and work away from home on various projects throughout Queensland and Northern NSW on varying rosters when required.
- TMR and/or RMS experience will be highly regarded.
We are recruiting right now for these positions so don’t delay.
Apply now or contact Amanda Datchens on 0406 536 256 or at email@example.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Women and People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are a proud member of NAWIC - the National Association of Women in Construction.
We respect the time and effort you will make with this application. All applicants will receive a response, whether shortlisted or not.
Please note: you will need a valid visa with the right to work in Australia for these positions.
- Published on 22 Mar 2023, 10:45 PM