BG&E is an innovative, employee-owned consulting engineering business. Our team of more than 700 highly skilled people, in 15 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and Middle East, design and deliver engineering solutions for clients in the Property, Transport, Ports and Marine, Water, Renewables and Defence sectors.
We collaborate with leading contractors, developers, architects, planners, financiers and government agencies, to create projects that make a difference to people’s lives.
Recent business growth has created an exciting opportunity for an Associate Bridge Engineer to assist in the delivery of designs for bridges and specialist structures. This role sits within the Bridge team and will be responsible for developing and delivering high quality design and advisory solutions to our clients for a variety of projects, from private asset owners, contractors to state government agencies.
- Engaging with project team, clients, and external stakeholders to identify requirements and develop bridge engineering solutions
- Developing bridge engineering design solutions from concept design through to construction, maintenance, and closure
- Undertaking analysis and design computations for a variety of bridge structures. This will involve familiarising yourself with our office practices and a range of design and construction techniques
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines and actively participating in interdisciplinary workshops and risk assessments
- Visiting construction sites including site inspections and reports
- Working with other engineers and drafters on the preparation of construction documents
- Supporting projects and project managing elements of projects
- Ensuring that all work is undertaken in accordance with the appropriate legislation, corporate requirements, and systems
You will be a key component of the BG&E’s Bridge team and will strengthen the existing skills and capabilities to complement our other well-established disciplines.
As a successful professional engineer, you are expected to have:
- Relevant engineering qualifications and be a Chartered Engineer or already working towards chartership
- At least 12 years of experience in bridge engineering design with an emphasis on road and rail projects
- Strong bridge and structural engineering technical skills
- Experience in Bridge inspections, assessment, strengthening schemes
- Proficient in use of software packages such as SBD, Midas, Strand7 etc.
- Geotechnical knowledge to interpret and analyse desktop studies for inputs into structural design
- A creative thought process that results in pragmatic design options
Life at BG&E
- Flexible working arrangements aimed at achieving real work life balance
- Health and wellbeing support via confidential EAP program
- Competitive remuneration
- Generous leave arrangements including a paid parental leave scheme
- On-the-job training and mentoring to help you be the best you can be, including leveraging BG&E’s global network of experts to help you realise your professional development goals
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality is part of BG&E’s DNA – it begins with our values and continues through our culture – and is fostered throughout our workplaces. We recognise and celebrate difference and encourage our people and potential candidates to be comfortable in bringing your complete self to work.
Wellbeing, Health and Safety
We ensure our people enjoy healthy workplaces, deploy practices that reduce risk, comply with workplace Health & Safety regulations, impose zero harm to the communities that we operate in and support each other so we can all go home to safely every day.