We are St Barbara. A growing gold company with a global outlook.
We’re an Australian based, ASX 200 company with gold mining operations in Australia, Canada and Papua New Guinea. Our vision is to be a brilliant, global mining company that grows sustainably and creates enduring, positive impacts.
Our Atlantic Operations Touqouy mine site is located an hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Situated in Canada’s Ocean Playground, it’s no surprise that Nova Scotian’s quality of life is second to none. Whether you prefer sandy beaches and coastal cliffs, or the culture and energy of city life, you’re never far from either. Halifax is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada and has been rated by Maclean’s Magazine as Canada’s best place to live and work.
Now is an exciting time for our business and for our people. We’re going through a period of significant change and have gained real momentum in transforming our business so that, together, we can build a brilliant future. We’re looking for people who are ready to grow through opportunity and build brilliance with us.
We are currently seeking a Millwright to join our team. This is a full-time, permanent position with our Atlantic Operations based at our Touquoy mine in Middle Musquodoboit. The work schedule is 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hour shifts, switching between days and nights. Reporting to the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright will be an active member of the Mill Maintenance team and conduct inspections and repairs to all fixed plant equipment.
- Ensuring and monitoring safety in the workplace by identifying and addressing hazards, participating in improving safety and ensuring all reporting requirements are completed.
- Ensuring safe and efficient maintenance activities on a range of equipment and machinery.
- Inspect, maintain and repair equipment for proper performance and safety compliance.
- Using tools to commission, diagnose, and repair equipment.
- Providing input into maintenance planning for mechanical work.
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions.
- Providing input to develop safe work procedures.
- Promote and foster company goals and objectives with all maintenance activities.
- All other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Are you ready to come and build a brilliant future with us?
We need the very best people. People who genuinely care for the work they do and the positive impact they can make. People who see challenge as an opportunity for growth and value working with others towards a common goal.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A personal commitment to behavior consistent with St Barbara's Values including honesty and integrity, respect, working together, delivering to promise and striving to do better.
- Licensed as a Red Seal Millwright.
- Committed to Continuous Improvement and Reliability Centered Maintenance.
- Prepared to discuss complex problems and solutions in a team environment.
- Be a technical resource for mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to use a computer effectively – automated maintenance programs and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with both small, medium, heavy and specialized tools.
- Ability to think critically about problems and to select the right tool to complete the task.
- Familiarity with conveyors, crushers and grinding mills is an asset.
- Previous experience in a mineral processing, mill manufacturing plant or similar is an asset.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Current unencumbered Class 5 Driver’s License.
For further information on St Barbara and to apply for this role, please visit: https://stbarbara.com.au/working-with-us/current-opportunities/
At St Barbara, we’re committed to finding the best fit for every role. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming diversity in all its forms. All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration, regardless of their race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are the only Australian mining company to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for seven consecutive years.
We encourage Members of the Mi’ kmaq community to self-identify in their cover letter.