As part of Ampcontrol’s continued growth, we are looking for a self-motivated and hands-on Electrical Engineer to join our Tomago team. In this role you would cover full design, testing and commissioning of a vast range of projects including Switchyards, Renewable Projects, Power Factor Correction, Transportable Substations and Underground Mining Equipment. We will encourage your ideas, support your ongoing development and career growth, and offer a collaborative environment – all aimed at helping you take your career to the next level. You will work in a modern digital environment as part of a progressive and forward thinking team.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Personal career development
- Engineering Workforce Credentialing Agreement with Engineers Australia
- Flexible work arrangements; WFH options or compressed work week,
- Paid parental leave
- Purchased leave
- Private Health Care discounts
- Health &Wellbeing programs and discounts
- Being part of a global, innovative organisation
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This role will see you harness your skills as an experienced Electrical Engineer to become a valuable member of our Capital Projects & Overhauls division in Tomago 2322. Operating within our engineering and workshop teams, you will provide engineering designs for the delivery of a vast range of electrical products & systems. You will flex between being a technical contact point for customers and Ampcontrol project managers.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
As an Electrical Engineer at Ampcontrol your regular day to day role will see you play a vital role in managing the design of key projects and products. Some of the main aspects of your role will include:
- Actively initiating ideas for innovation for new and existing product designs;
- Undertaking and assisting with conceptual and preliminary design of products;
- Providing assistance and contributing technical ideas in the development of engineering proposals, as well as enhanced solutions to existing and emerging business opportunities;
- Monitoring relevant standards and ensure appropriate update or changes are made to our product range
- Work with on-site application developers to improve the workflow management of ITP’s, test documentation and quality management policies.
Your willingness to get hands on in a service and project environment will be complimented by the following:
- Degree or Diploma level qualifications in Electrical Engineering;
- Strong experience and knowledge of electrical switchgear design and overhaul, as well as relevant standards;
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with an ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly to stakeholders;
- Experience with CAD design tools and Microsoft Office applications.
- Formal qualifications in project management (advantageous)
- Sound knowledge in protection system design
- Experience with PLC and SCADA system design
- Experience commissioning HV and LV electrical power and control systems
Ampcontrol is Australia's largest privately-owned electrical engineering company leading advanced global manufacturing of award-winning innovations, products, solutions and service to the resources, infrastructure and energy sectors. For over 50 years, Ampcontrol has achieved and celebrated a growing workforce of more than 1000 employees 30 operations worldwide. Built on a foundation of innovation, agility and ingenuity, the talented people of Ampcontrol design and develop world-leading integrated electrical solutions and pioneering technology that makes a meaningful improvement to people's lives and communities across the globe. In short, our people do some seriously cool stuff to energise our world!
At Ampcontrol, we are united by the principles of safety, people, innovation, customer and performance. Our people and values make our business better and are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to investing in our people and provide a supportive, healthy and safe working environment for all our employees.
If you believe you have the right skills, experience and passion for succeeding in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration.
- Published on 28 Feb 2023, 2:53 AM