- Job no: 098-22
- Australia’s largest privately owned Engineering Organisation
- Employee Benefits: flexible working arrangements, fitness subsidies, health care discounts, paid parental leave
- Specialists in stand-alone power systems and critical power systems
As part of our team, we will encourage your ideas, support your ongoing development and career growth, and offer a collaborative environment – all aimed at helping you take your career to the next level.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid overtime, travel and travel allowances
- Paid parental leave
- Salary packaging
- Purchased leave
- Private Health Care discounts
- Wellbeing programs and discounts
- Education assistance and personal career development
We are looking for a Field Service Electrician to support Ampcontrol on a range of long-term construction projects related to major power infrastructure across the state. You will be focused on providing a high quality of work and join a motivated and skilled team responsible for the onsite construction, testing and commissioning of critical power systems.
The main objective of this exciting role is to pro-actively carry out electrical works for Ampcontrol customers and to ensure their satisfaction with our products and services. This is a field-based role typically on a 2-1 roster based on both mining sites and in regional areas across WA.
You will be required to:
- Plan, coordinate and complete project installations as directed.
- Make day to day decisions to ensure the projects are delivered in accordance with the scope of the work.
- Liaise with the management team to ensure documentation/reporting is processed and any issues that may affect the project, customer, delivery schedule or profitability are identified.
- Identify OH&S issues that may pose risk by conducting risk assessments, system audits and site inspections
- Assist the Project Manager with the scheduling of project implementations
Your strong electrical skills and ability to seek ways of adding value to our services will be complemented with the following:
- Electrical trade qualifications
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications
- A current driver’s license (Manual)
- Previous electrical experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of the application and use of electrical equipment
Ampcontrol is Australia's largest privately-owned electrical engineering company leading advanced global manufacturing of award-winning innovations, products, solutions and service to the resources, infrastructure and energy sectors. For over 50 years, Ampcontrol has achieved and celebrated a growing workforce of more than 850 employees, six member companies and 30 operations worldwide. Built on a foundation of innovation, agility and ingenuity, the talented people of Ampcontrol design and develop world-leading integrated electrical solutions and pioneering technology that makes a meaningful improvement to people's lives and communities across the globe. In short, our people do some seriously cool stuff to energise our world!
At Ampcontrol, we are united by the principles of safety, people, innovation, customer and performance. Our people and values make our business better and are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to investing in our people and provide a supportive, healthy and safe working environment for all our employees.
If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes—that’s okay—we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
- Published on 08 May 2023, 10:35 PM