- Job no: 66685
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Medical Physicist Grade 4
- Permanent position
- Part time – 38 hours per fortnight
- Classification code – FF13-FF15
- Great staff benefits!
The Alfred Health Radiation Oncology (AHRO) Department is a unit of a comprehensive cancer service provided by Alfred Health. The department is comprised of two units, Alfred Radiation Oncology (ARO) located in the South Block at The Alfred and The Gippsland Radiation Oncology (GRO), located at Latrobe Regional Hospital. Together the two units provide the full range of radiation oncology and radiation therapy services (with the exception of paediatrics) in addition to some specialized services with both state and national significance.
The position will be based at the ARO, The Alfred Hospital Campus (Melbourne). Participate in clinical medical physics activities at the ARO campus and related research and development activities under supervision from accredited/experienced radiation oncology medical physicists. Assistance with provision of a good scientific and technical service within Radiation Oncology. Travel to the GRO campus will be expected as required or directed by the Chief Physicist. The successful applicant would be expected to have a part in some shift work and to observe some on-call duties as directed by the Chief Medical Physicist.
- A postgraduate Degree in Medical Physics or related field with experience in Radiotherapy
- Prior clinical experience in Medical Physics
- Evidence of engagement with continuing professional development
- Current and satisfactory Police Check
- Eligibility for a Radiation Use Licence, Dept of Health, Victoria
- Membership of the Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM).
- Previous experience teaching and presenting at scientific conferences
- Prior research and academic teaching experience
- Experience with Eclipse/ARIA system
- Familiarity with the BrainLAB iPlan/Elements/ExacTrac products
- Experience with AlignRT or other SGRT technologies
- Some experience with brachytherapy treatment and planning (HDR and/or LDR)
- Possesses specialist knowledge in a distinct area of Radiation Oncology
- Listed on ACPSEM Register of Qualified Medical Physicists with the specialty of Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, a payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
Enquiries to A/Prof Ryan Smith, Ryan.Smith@alfred.org.au
Applications close at 5pm Friday, 10th November 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.