Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent position
- Full Time & Part Time Positions Available
- Community Development Worker – Class 2B
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identified position
- Alfred Health location
The Patient Experience Consumer Engagement (PECE) Department supports the organisational implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Patients Come Frist Strategy our roadmap for providing high-quality, equitable, patient-centred care.
The PECE includes the following portfolios:
- Aboriginal Health
- Consumer and Community Participation
- Diversity, including cultural and linguistic diversity (CALD), lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and queer (LGBTIQ), disability, and all other minority groups with potential unmet needs.
- Volunteer Program (The Alfred and Caulfield Hospital)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the dynamic and innovative Alfred Health PECE team. The Aboriginal Liaison Officer will support our commitment to better meet the health and wellbeing needs of our First Nations communities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic worker to provide consultations with patients, families and health professionals in order to improve access and care for Aboriginal patients. The AHLO will work with patients, and carers, to provide practical and culturally appropriate support to ensure they are followed up post discharge from acute health care with improved linkages to GP’s, community health and local Aboriginal services. The AHLO will work collaboratively with positions in the local community such as Better Health Network and Access Health to develop efficient and coordinated services in response to the needs of the local Aboriginal community. The successful applicant will need to have a good understanding of the local Aboriginal community and the importance of engagement. This role will work in collaboration with the Social work team at Alfred Health. Experience in a hospital or a mental health setting is desirable. An understanding of working within an Electronic medical record is essential to this role.
This role may require the successful candidate to provide coverage on one weekend day to support patients and families.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Health, Disability, Education, Social Sciences, Community Development or Project Management
- Experience working with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population.
- Demonstrated experience in the local Aboriginal community is essential
- Hospital based work experience.
- Mental health experience
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Please address the Selection Criteria with your application.
Enquiries to Katrina Lewis Director of Patient Experience Consumer Engagement at email@example.com
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Friday 1st December 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.