Aged Care Placement Consultant
- Are you working in admissions in an aged care facility?
- Would you enjoy assisting families to secure the best aged care outcomes?
- Would you like to work with the largest aged care placement agency in Australia?
If you are a career minded person who has a passion for helping people that require access to aged care services, read on, this position could be for you!
We are currently seeking an Aged Care Placement Consultant for Parental Leave Cover for a period of 6 months with the possibility of an extended period. This position is suitable for anyone seeking part time work (negotiable) and/or flexible working hours.
Working closely with social workers, Aged Care Assessment Teams, Doctors, hospitals, facility managers, government agencies and other health professionals, we pride ourselves on our knowledge and experience in servicing the aged care industry.
We assist families with the entire process of placing a relative or friend into residential care. This service forms the core foundation of our expertise. However, through this we have further developed other services which complement our core business. Our sole purpose is to provide the best possible service to the Health and Aged Care industry, all tailored to an individual's needs.
We are seeking an experienced aged care professional to join our team and assist our valued clients to navigate through the residential aged care placement process.
The successful candidate will be providing professional assistance and consultancy services to a wide range of community members including clients and their families, aged care facilities and other service providers.
The main objective of this role is to facilitate aged care placements while meeting client requirements to find the most appropriate solutions. Our services remain active with clients even after they are placed in care to ensure the best outcome for all of our clients.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guide and advise on the process of the residential care placements, the cost and financial implications involved, securing the most appropriate facilities and services.
- Organise and / or partake in both onsite and offsite appointments.
- Understand the fees and charges involved in an admission to residential care.
- Negotiation of the accommodation bond (RAD) or extra service fees if required.
- Conduct all client meetings to gather the necessary information required to provide an appropriate aged care outcome.
- Conduct client meetings to assist prospective and existing clients with paperwork.
- Liaise with families and aged care facilities from the point of initial appointment until we have secured an appropriate aged care outcome.
- Engage with families or representatives to ensure client satisfaction.
- Work in a legal and ethical framework, which supports the clients rights and interests by promoting our clients rights to individual choice and decision making.
Skills and Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aged care industry.
- Extensive experience as an Admissions Coordinator in an Aged Care Facility.
- Extensive knowledge of aged care financials.
- Ability to provide accurate documentation and reporting, actioning and evaluation of changes in condition / health status / social and human needs.
- Effective time management.
- Self motivated and can work autonomously.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the use of computers and the internet.
- A current and valid Australian drivers license.
- Provision of a current Police Check every 3 years.
We are looking for the best and most confident aged care placement professional in order to deliver a service that is unparalleled. If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please apply now!