Leisure and Lifestyle Assistant - Aged Care
Part-time and casual positions available.
Yarrawonga Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive and compassionate care services to our Aged Care residents. We are currently seeking a passionate and motivated Leisure and Lifestyle Assistant to join our team across our three Aged Care facilities: Warrina, Karana and Allawah. As a Leisure and Lifestyle Assistant at Yarrawonga Health, you will play a crucial role in creating a positive and uplifting environment for our residents. Your responsibilities will include assisting with the planning and implementing of a variety of leisure and recreational activities that cater to the diverse needs and interests of our residents. The successful candidate will contribute to fostering a supportive atmosphere and promoting overall mental and emotional well-being.
- In conjunction with Lifestyle Coordinator and Nurse Unit Manager you will plan, organise, and implement leisure and lifestyle activities for Aged Care residents;
- Ensure that social activities in the Aged Care facilities are meaningful and relevant for the resident as an individual and as a member of the Aged Care group.
- Encouraging our residents to participate in daily activities;
- To support the residents of our aged facilities involving them in their chosen social, cultural and religious needs;
- Review resident social activity plan following 3 monthly evaluation, and recommend changes to the Lifestyle Coordinator;
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of patient care activities.
- Report any change in resident condition necessitating social activity changes in Progress Notes and informal talk with Lifestyle Coordinator as required.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, and other healthcare team members regarding activity plans.
- Adhere to infection control protocols to prevent the spread of infections within the healthcare facility.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Follow safety protocols to ensure the well-being of both residents and staff.
- Ensure a safe and inclusive environment for all participants.
- Identify and report any safety hazards in the healthcare facility
- Certificate III or IV in Community Services (Lifestyle & Leisure)
- Relevant certificate as a Health Care Worker (Aged Care)
Key Selection Criteria:
- Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate.
- Proven organisational and interpersonal Skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organise work according to the competing priorities at hand such as program provision and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct as required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of Manual Handling, Occupational Health & Safety and Infection Control Procedures and Guidelines.
- Drivers license would be of benefit (or willingness to acquire same).
- Current registration with the Diversional Therapy Association of Australia (DTAA).
- To have recent experience as a Lifestyle Therapist within an Aged Care facility
Will you join us? Yarrawonga Health is progressive and innovative health service. With your skills and experience, you will deliver safe, reliable and responsive patient care. Better yet, it is also a great career move as you join a thriving organisation guided by its mission to provide and improve sustainable health and education services for our communities in partnership with them.
Situated on the heart of the Murray River, Yarrawonga Health provides acute, surgical, community and aged care support for the region. We're only a few hours from Melbourne and you'll be enjoying all the region has to offer - from wineries and snow fields to water and boating activities on the Murray River, you'll never be bored!
For more information regarding the role contact: Sally Arthur, Acting Operational Director Aged Care Services by email Sally.Arthur@yh.org.au
All employment with Yarrawonga Health is subject to and conditional upon a satisfactory Police Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check and Victorian 'Employee' Working with Children's Check.
YH is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and follows Equal Employment Opportunity Principles. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, all members of the LGBTQI community and people with a disability.
All healthcare workers are required to have mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and evidence of vaccination will be required prior to commencement.
All applications are to be submitted via Yarrawonga Health's website Yarrawonga Health Careers.
Please submit your application including a cover letter, resume, and responses to the key selection criteria found in the position description.
Please refer to the attached position description for full details of the role.
Applications close midnight Sunday 25th February 2024.
*Interviews may be conducted prior to closing date.