- Job no: R8CDG
- Categories: Digital & IT Enablement, IT Software Engineering
Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchinson Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited, combining a mobile network covering more than 22 million Australians and a fixed line network delivering exceptional performance. TPG Telecom Limited has a powerhouse of brands like Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara & AAPT committed to connecting Australians for the better.
Vodafone is a telecommunications brand offering mobile and fixed broadband services. Our 4G mobile network covers more than 23 million Australians and our 5G mobile network rollout is underway. Vodafone nbn™ fixed broadband services are available in capital cities and selected regional centres.
As the Engineering Manager, you will coach and mentor a diverse group of developers and engineers, creating a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. Be the key point of accountability for a range of technology platforms and services and define and maintain strategic roadmaps for the platforms and services within your domain which support both Digital & IT and business strategy. This includes to manage and operate Digital & IT platforms to ensure they are highly available, resilient and scalable.
Reporting to our Senior Manager, Software Engineering and based in the TPG Telecom North Sydney office, you will define and maintain strategic roadmaps for the platforms / services within your domain which support both technology and business strategy. By employing a consultative technologist approach, contribute to strategies across the broader Digital business and technology domains and technology in general.
You will have opportunities to:
- Lead up to 3 teams of 15+ Software Engineers with responsibilities of talent acquisition, management, career growth, team building, and mentoring.
- Work closely with product management, UI and UX, support and other engineering teams to deliver high-quality solutions
- Work on strategy and help set direction while also actively managing day-to-day software development
- Work with direct reports, peers, and the wider Software Engineering Chapter to drive continuous improvement and higher standards at all levels.
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Deliver outstanding experiences for our customers
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven leadership qualities with a collaborative engagement style.
- Able to identify, research, evaluate and recommend new and emerging technologies, which will assist with creating a forward-thinking team culture.
- A strong hands-on technical problem solving abilities will allow you to guide your team through different challenges.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative workspace that helps drive innovation.
- Published on 03 Feb 2021, 12:19 AM