- Job no: MB8J3
- Categories: Technology, Digital Channel
At Vodafone, a TPG Telecom brand, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do to give Australians more choice and freedom to connect the way they want.
As a Product Owner you will work closely with business stakeholders to align on the vision, purpose and benefits of products in a digital context. You will assess the introduction of new and improved digital capabilities, bring these through a demand forum process, and act as a conduit between the business and delivery teams.
You will have a customer-centric and data-driven mindset that will assist in effective backlog grooming and prioritisation. Drawing from data and insights, you will be able to analyse and continuously monitor the impacts and results of the initiatives you drive and share success and learnings with your peers and stakeholders. You will take ownership for the agreed solutions, ensuring that they meet customer and business needs while adhering to legal, risk and compliance requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Define and maintain a shared product vision in collaboration with your key stakeholders , ensuring alignment with digital and wider business strategic priorities.
- Lead with a ‘customer first’ mindset with the ability to critique existing and new customer journeys in the eyes of a customer.
- Support the creation of business cases and project documentation including requirement specifications and success metrics.
- Act as a conduit between Product and Technology teams, capturing product requirements and providing these to delivery teams in the form of idea briefs and scope documents, and lead initiative kick off and inception sessions.
- Work collaboratively with UX and CRO specialists to improve the online experience.
- Create user stories that provide sufficiently detailed requirements for development and test teams and prioritise appropriately as part of regular backlog grooming sessions.
- Ensure that delivery teams understand the scope, requirements, business benefits and goals associated with deliverables and work with technology and delivery teams to ensure that all digital initiatives are delivered within agreed timeframes, to agreed budget and with agreed scope.
- Participate in agile ceremonies i.e. estimation sessions, planning meetings, daily stand ups, showcases, and team retrospectives.
- Drive to resolution fixes for product issues, outages and defects.
- Vendor management where required.
Communication and relationship management
- Own and manage the online and self-service capability backlogs in conjunction with other Product Owners.
- Manage the communication of roadmap updates into delivery teams and ensure alignment of development activities against agreed roadmap priorities.
- Report on and drive awareness of sales targets, self-service adoption targets and performance against targets and share insights and opportunities based on analysis of performance.
- Forecast and communicate business benefits of product developments before release and report on actual impact post-release.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on process improvement & simplification to further drive operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years of digital product owner experience within a highly complex technology-based agile environment.
- Ability to identify new opportunities, define scope requirements and prioritise digital work effectively.
- Passionate about digital, eCommerce and self-service technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate complex technical terminology into language that can be readily understood by non-technical audiences.
- Experience working within a fast-paced agile delivery environment using JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, the ability to influence, build credibility and gain commitment including demonstrated working partnerships in a technology context.
- Ability to see the “big picture” of the organisation while driving towards digital-specific targets and objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail, initiative, creativity and an acute ability to work autonomously.
- Strong business writing skills to support project management, analysis, reporting and testing.
- Experience in analysis, strong documentation skills and ability to break down requirements into user stories.
- Ability to successfully deal with ambiguity and self-manage in a complex stakeholder environment while managing conflicting priorities and stakeholder expectations.
- Experience in implementing process improvements/efficiencies.
- Ability to respond effectively and quickly to business needs and issues.
- Solid understanding of data analytics (ideally Adobe) and how to use data to make informed decisions.
- Experience in communicating complex concepts/business issues verbally and in writing.
- Ability to evangelise and represent a diverse digital team throughout the business.
- Solid understanding of the digital landscape, technologies, trends and tools to drive the performance of the online and self-service channels.
- Understanding of UX principles and the importance of customer-centred design practices.
- Exposure to online customer self-service payment and applications.
- Experience in technology delivery during re-platforming.
With Vodafone, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits as part of a global company, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative work space that helps drive innovation.
When you sign up and create a LiveHire profile, your personal information will be collected in accordance with Vodafone's Privacy Collection Statement and LiveHire's Personal Information Collection Statement.
- Closes in 2 days - 22 Sep 2020
- Published on 14 Sep 2020, 6:50 AM