- Job no: M8GBP
- Categories: Commercial Operations, Customer Lifecycle Management
At Vodafone, a TPG Telecom brand, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do to give Australians more choice and freedom to connect the way they want.
The Data Scientist will hold a senior role within the Analytics team supporting the delivery of Vodafone’s Customer Lifecycle Management and commercial strategy. The main purpose/ responsibility of this role is to deliver innovative data science models and attribution models by leveraging Vodafone’s vast data assets. These include recommendation models, customer attribution and segmentation. This role is also responsible for the design, development and industrialisation of Advanced Analytics solutions including the next best action engine, in an agile environment. This role will be based in TPG Telecom North Sydney Head office.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Understand customer needs and formulate it in terms of data and/or model development challenge. Take ownership of the end-to-end model development lifecycle including, articulating the business problem, data profiling, data cleansing/management, feature engineering, model training & validation, and model deployment.
- Understand business context, scope work and provide realistic delivery timelines meeting business objectives. Translate analytics and model outputs into business recommendations and simplify to make it actionable.
- Build a feedback loop into the models to learn and continuously improve model performance from customers’ perspective.
- Use historic and current data to provide timely business recommendations using machine learning models (e.g. attribution modelling, Next Best Activity model, Customer profiling and segmentation) for optimal Marketing, CLM and product activity.
- Drive development, maintenance and governance of machine learning techniques (supervised and unsupervised) to model customer behaviour and preferences. Leverage structured and unstructured data sets to answer business problems.
- Successfully deliver end to end industrialisation of analytics products – ideally using Agile methodology.
- Regularly update senior leaders & executive on findings and insight to provide business strategy recommendations for optimising business performance. Continuously track business outcome/performance of the models using relevant KPIs.
- Drive analytics & business cases to come up with new ideas for promotions and campaigns to change the current behaviour by ensuring usage uplift and upgrading packages.
- Responsible for stakeholder management and partnering across Vodafone functional Heads to help drive decisioning and create visibility of customer insights & campaign performance that drive growth in the customer base.
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in data science.
- Analytical driven person with demonstrated record of using insights to improve customer. experience and business outcomes. Innovative and keen to think out of the box in a pragmatic and systematic approach.
- Ability to translate high level business problems into objective, concise and logical requirements and present them to influence the business.
- Good understanding of both the commercial and the tech side, which will enable you to proactively identify business use-cases, and to understand and work around tech constraints.
- Strong stakeholder management skills including the ability to advise and manage your projects autonomously in an agile environment.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Fluent in SQL and Python for the purposes of data manipulation, feature engineering and ML modelling.
- Outstanding data extraction and manipulation skills, with a proven understanding of database interrogation using SQL and a range of software tools (e.g. Teradata, AWS Redshift).
- Predictive modelling, recommender system, data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, A/B testing and deployment of production data science models to drive business value.
- Experience working with machine learning models and in depth understanding on machine learning uses cases.
- Ability to innovate on behalf customers by thinking backwards from customer needs. Experience leading big data technologies like Google Cloud, AWS Redshift and Teradata.
- Understanding of operationalisation of machine learning models using SAS, AWS or GCP.
- Familiarity with marketing campaign execution engines (SAS Enterprise Guide/Management Console or equivalent).
- Consulting experience preferred.
- Experience in Customer Life Cycle Management environment and personalisation preferred.
With Vodafone, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits as part of a global company, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative work space that helps drive innovation.
When you sign up and create a LiveHire profile, your personal information will be collected in accordance with Vodafone's Privacy Collection Statement and LiveHire's Personal Information Collection Statement.
- Published on 25 Sep 2020, 1:31 AM