Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchinson Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited, combining a mobile network covering more than 22 million Australians and a fixed line network delivering exceptional performance. TPG Telecom Limited has a powerhouse of brands like Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara & AAPT committed to connecting Australians for the better.
Vodafone is a telecommunications brand offering mobile and fixed broadband services. Our 4G mobile network covers more than 23 million Australians and our 5G mobile network rollout is underway. Vodafone nbn™ fixed broadband services are available in capital cities and selected regional centres.
The Commercial Strategy Manager is integral in defining commercial insights and strategies to optimise revenue, margin, acquisition, retention and growth objectives. You will work closely with teams in Product & Devices, Pricing, Commercial Operations, Digital, Customer Lifecycle Management (CLM), Sales, Brand & Marketing, Networks & IT to develop market leading and commercially viable strategies for the Product & Devices portfolio including Postpaid Consumer, Prepaid, Fixed, Devices & Accessories, new revenue streams, content and channels.
The Commercial Strategy Manager will form part of an inhouse consulting team advising the commercial operations stakeholders within Vodafone on future strategic reviews, third party collaboration, and merger activities. You will look to define the long term strategy beyond 12 months, making sure to be the conduit between the channels and aligning with respective senior leaders at “Head of” and “General Manager” level to manage competing priorities and stay relevant on changes made by competitors in the domestic and global telecommunications & adjacent markets. Part of your role will be to produce the relevant reports to establish good working knowledge of the business performance and raise any risks / insights and undertake industry wide, macro level competitive analysis (local and international) to help steer the business to achieve its goals.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Help develop annual and quarterly customer centric and value based commercial strategies and associated metrics for the Product & Devices portfolio
- Carry forward and operationalise collaboration and learnings from current or Lead and own the development of commercial strategies to drive the right channel mix in line with the company strategy (Digital & Retail).
- Business performance analysis (revenue, profitability, customer lifecycle management, inflow/outflow/base movements, customer satisfaction, and market share).
- Support the team to develop customer and commercial insights to help define and drive commercial strategies.
- Support the team with budgeting and forecasting process across key business units in the Commercial Team including Product & Devices, Commercial Ops, CLM, Brand & Marketing, Sales, Finance.
- Lead business case development, financial modelling, and commercial analysis in relation to key projects and growth initiatives.
- Work with the Customer Lifecycle Management (CLM) team to drive detailed profitability analysis to support acquisition and retention management, to drive CLM, inflow and outflow optimisation.
- Work with the Heads of Pricing & CLM to help define commercial strategies and principles for retention pricing (BTL) to assist with maintaining the margin integrity within the customer base for upgrading customers as well as achieving retention targets.
Key Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in large matrix organisations in Telco/Service based industry or consultancy roles.
- Strong communication and presentation skills coupled with strong written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional analytical skills: in data manipulation (inc. SQL), development of financial models, commercial analysis.
- Comfortable with rapid change and quick pace with resilience and fortitude.
- Great interpersonal skills, with strong stakeholder impact and influence skills at the Head-of level.
- Comprehensive strategic marketing knowledge and strong strategic skills.
- Commercial orientation with demonstrated ability in commercial decision making.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative workspace that helps drive innovation.
When you sign up and create a LiveHire profile, your personal information will be collected in accordance with our Privacy Collection Statement and LiveHire's Personal Information Collection Statement.