- Job no: HXE8K
- Categories: Technology, Digital
At Vodafone, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do to give Australians more choice and freedom to connect the way they want.
The Software Tech Leader leads a team of Software Engineers, guiding them to implement features in an agile environment. The role is the primary point of contact for all technical escalations, and serves the team to create a feature rich, unique experience for Vodafone customers within the Digital channel. The purpose of this role is to be able to understand, describe and explain detailed sequences of events from quickly reading code and distil complex problems into simple solutions.
The Software Tech Leader is part of the digital engineering team that builds and maintains our online presence. Customers buy new phones, select new plans, check their balance, and pay their bills using the web and mobile applications that Vodafone’s development teams work on.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide technical leadership and coaching
- Have a strong sense of empathy for others and enjoys helping them when they are stuck
- Hands-on with code when required and needed – approx. 30-40% of the role
- Taking ownership of different parts of the application, and evolving into go-to person on the team for all aspects of it
- Highly passionate on tackling challenges which consider scale, performance and security and how these translate into how we create new features.
- Lead analysis of potential defects in production
- Establish techniques for monitoring
- Collaborate with other people and teams to do all this – UX, project managers, product owners, QA, support teams
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience with working in the Cloud
- Software development engineering and computer science principles
- Good communication skills
- Strong personal emotional intelligence
- A love of teamwork
- Worked with micro services architectures
- Passionate for DevOps, taking ownership of what we build
- Experience with working with React
- Had experience with CRM & CMS
- Practiced TDD and BDD
- Integrated software with other business systems
- Architected services, created domain models and UML design
- Experience in the Digital domain
- Worked in Agile teams and delivery
- Instrumented systems with monitoring and alerting
With Vodafone, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits as part of a global company, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative work space that helps drive innovation.
When you sign up and create a LiveHire profile, your personal information will be collected in accordance with Vodafone's Privacy Collection Statement and LiveHire's Personal Information Collection Statement.
- Published on 26 Jun 2020, 4:01 AM