- Job no: 694K4
- Categories: Legal, Marketing, Digital & Customer Service
We put our customers at the heart of everything we do to give Australians more choice and freedom to connect the way they want.
The role is for a senior corporate and commercial lawyer to join the Vodafone Australia Legal Department. The role supports the key Marketing, Digital and Customer Service/Operations functions. However, the role may require you to undertake work within any team of the Legal Department from time to time.
Reporting to the Head of the Marketing, Digital and Customer Service Legal team, you will play a senior role within the Vodafone legal team. You will be tasked with providing strategic advice and risk analysis and leading complex legal negotiations. As a trusted adviser to key stakeholders within the business, you will anticipate legal and regulatory issues, and seek to effect pragmatic customer focussed solutions to achieve desired business outcomes. You will take initiative and personal ownership in relation to all aspects of the legal support you provide and be recognised as a thought leader and “go to” person within the legal team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Delivering timely, creative and commercially astute strategic legal advice and support, that is cost-effective and aligned to Vodafone’s operational and strategic plans;
- Drafting and leading negotiations for complex or strategic contracts and key projects whilst delivering optimum value for Vodafone;
- Acting autonomously as a trusted adviser to key stakeholders within Vodafone, anticipating business, legal and regulatory issues, and seeking to effect pragmatic customer focussed solutions to achieve desired business outcomes;
- Building strong, effective and collaborative relationships and positively influencing Vodafone and key Vodafone stakeholders by acting in a manner aligned to Vodafone’s values;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and act as a role model to junior lawyers and/or secondees within the legal team to drive engagement and develop excellence;
- Leading initiatives to enhance legal knowledge management and process innovation within the Vodafone legal team;
- Supporting the Head of Team, Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Ability to deal with highly complex and high-risk issues in relation to commercial law;
- Ability to build effective relationships and positively influence Vodafone and key Vodafone stakeholders by acting in a manner closely aligned to Vodafone’s values;
- Well-organised with excellent planning skills, particularly the ability to set clear priorities, monitor and achieve specified outcomes;
- Genuine team player with demonstrated relationship-building skills;
- Enthusiastic, efficient and emotionally resilient;
- Proactive, positive and innovative; and
- A strong desire to contribute to the development and implementation of the long and short-term goals of Vodafone and to raise the profile of the legal team.
- Legally qualified (holds a current practising certificate or equivalent).
- Minimum of 6 years PQE (or equivalent).
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills and ability to lead negotiations on complex legal transactions and issues.
- Strong contract drafting and advisory skills.
- Ability to strategically apply legal and regulatory knowledge to protect and enhance commercial interests of Vodafone.
- Sound judgment and excellent decision-making skills.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative work space that helps drive innovation.
When you sign up and create a LiveHire profile, your personal information will be collected in accordance with our Privacy Collection Statement and LiveHire's Personal Information Collection Statement.
- Published on 26 Jun 2020, 5:49 AM