- Job no: JAXQN
- Category: TMGWA
An opportunity exists for a suitably experienced HR Officer to perform a key role in the success of a thriving family owned & operated multifaceted operation which incorporates multiple hospitality venues.
Reporting to the People Operations Manager for all HR responsibilities together with WH&S compliance, the success in your role will come through a strong focus on internal relationships and as someone who genuinely cares about people - ensuring a safe, healthy and happy workplace. You will enjoy helping us solve the challenges of growth through working with our overall team.
Why join our team
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful and growing values-based organisation:
Integrity - Teamwork - Progress - Hospitality.
You will enjoy a focussed team environment with professionals to work with you and share their knowledge of our unique operation.
- Work within a culture that promotes a safe, healthy and flexible work-life balance (opportunity to work part time or a flexible arrangement)
- Ideal work location with a short commute to public transport as well as 25 minutes to the CBD
- Opportunities for professional development training to enhance your career progression
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the People Operations Manager with all facets of the Employee Life Cycle Plan
- Help create a culture of learning through the development of a training catalogue and calendar, as well as assisting the further development of managers and employees including talent recognition and succession planning
- Review, create and update HR policies, procedures and tools required to optimise employee experience and performance
- Provide support to the People Operations Manager on benefits planning and management
- Assist to manage workplace investigations and performance management matters
- Prepare & distribute correspondence and reports as well as accurately maintaining HR records ensuring data integrity is maintained within our systems and records
- Assist with the development, implementation and promotion of human resources policies, procedures, projects and events.
- Human Resources administrative tasks ensuring timely and accurate information in line with internal standards and procedures.
- Work with the Operations team for WH&S to ensure awareness of safety and other obligations for all staff
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- High-level administration skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to consult and problem solve effectively
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in MS applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) - Google Suite knowledge advantageous
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to manage and prioritise a wide range of tasks with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience in researching, developing and implementing new and innovative approaches to ensure the highest level of service to every employee
- Qualifications in Human Resources will be highly regarded
- Show initiative, and a 'can do' attitude towards work
- A resilient, flexible and positive person who enjoys working in a high performing team environment
- Sound knowledge on Australian employment legislation, award interpretation and the Fair Work Act. Appropriate understanding of the Hospitality, Farm & Meat Industry Awards (desirable)
- Assisting to maintain the human resource information system and employee database
If you want to build a career with a future APPLY NOW
Thank you and we are looking forward to meeting you.
- Published on 11 Aug 2023, 12:21 AM