- Job no: 8ACRN
- Category: The Amberton
The Amberton Beach Bar and Kitchen is on the hunt for a Kitchen Hand who is looking to continue their development within a fun & unique working environment.
The Amberton is part of the growing family-owned & operated business Tillbrook Melaleuka Group (TMG) which operates multiple venues in Western Australia. The heart of our business is our own Melaleuka Farm (in North Dandalup) which produces beef for our venues located across Perth and the Great Southern.
As Kitchen Hand, you will maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen including surrounding areas and can assist in general food preparation and mis-en-place, when required. You will be responsible for putting away deliveries and assisting the chefs with ordering.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Ensures that all dishwasher machinery is working efficiently and that all chemicals being used are safely stored and handled.
- Responsible for carrying out storeroom and kitchen inspections to make sure that they are clean and in good order.
- Receiving and putting away all food deliveries in compliance with Health and safety standards.
- Assisting the chefs with placing orders.
- Filling out all forms to comply with Food Safety compliance.
- Monitor and manage wastage.
- Keep all food and serving areas clean and dry.
- To be involved with monthly stock take and ensure all variances are accounted with explanations.
- Ensure the daily temperature log and other checklists have been completed.
- Leave all work areas clean and tidy at the end of each shift.
Skills & Experience
- Possess knowledge of Food and safety.
- Standout attention to detail and presentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, while still managing to crack a smile.
- Strong organisational, communication and time management skills.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Ability to contribute to a happy, safe and healthy working environment.
- Understanding of WH&S & Fire Safety Requirements.
- Published on 06 Sep 2023, 3:02 AM