Hi, we’re Telstra Purple 👋 People bringing purpose to technology.
We are Australia’s largest owned technology services business, focused on outcome-based, transformative tech solutions that help our customers cut through IT complexity to achieve their bespoke goals, faster. If solving unique problems sparks your interest to help change a business, a community or the environment for the better – we’re in sync.
We're looking for a hands-on technical Senior Domain Architect (Microsoft Voice), to join the Modern Workplace team. You'll ideally be based in Melbourne, though any major city is fine too.
As our Senior Microsoft Voice Architect, you'll contribute to the retention and growth of all customers Telstra Purple work with. This is through providing expert business and technical advice, and ultimately a Microsoft Voice solution that delivers measurable benefits and achieves high levels of end-user adoption for the customer.
You'll be responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of the project; from leading presales activities to creating SoW's to the delivery of the solution you've designed for our customers. You must be comfortable and up to date with the technology, to be hands-on with the delivery when needed.
- Actively engage with the different Telstra Purple delivery business areas and foster open communications to build strong working relationships and ensure that issues are effectively managed to closure. This includes management of 3rd party vendors
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of all inter-related projects that underpin a successful Microsoft Voice implementation
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the Microsoft Voice solution with respect to efficiency, effectiveness, flexibility, agility, and cost of operation
- Engage with the customers, via formal governance processes for SLAs; Account reporting, Account governance and SLA reporting are key Domain-Senior Architect deliverables
- Work collaboratively as part of the Account team and broader Telstra Purple teams
- Review usage patterns for purposes of capacity management and adoption reporting
- Ideally, NV1 cleared already, or an Australian Citizen, so you're eligible for NV1 clearance
- Extensive experience Designing and Deploying Microsoft Skype for Business solutions in an Enterprise environment.
- Technical Knowledge: Skype for Business, Exchange server, Enterprise voice, Microsoft teams, including advanced configurations for direct routing, Complex Skype voice solutions, Office 365, IP PBX, Session Border Control (SBC), AudioCodes and Ribbon (Sonus), MCSE Productivity, Lync, VoIP, PBX, Video Conferencing Solution (MTR, Poly RealConnect, Surface Hubs, Logitech and similar Microsoft ecosystems)
- Delivering complex Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams Voice solutions is critical
- Experience of migrating from previous versions or third-party systems
- Solid consulting experience in the context of a services organisation, such as Medium to large system integrators
- In-depth understanding of all levels of a Skype for Business Enterprise Voice deployments, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Phone System including Direct Routing to successfully articulate solutions at all levels
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- A broad understanding and working knowledge across the infrastructure, virtualisation platforms, Networking Windows Servers, Active Directory, Azure AD, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, SSO, MFA
- Microsoft Productivity and Cloud certifications, or willingness to train and certify
- Previous experience consulting on customer sites, and/or performing an internal consulting role in large, complex organisations
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Teams Compliance, Security & e-Discovery technologies
What we offer
- Access to professional development
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Laptop/ Device
- 20gb Hotspot, to enable you to work from anywhere
- Work/life enablement; so you can balance work + life’s other responsibilities
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone and plan
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme
- Salary sacrifice / packaging. Set aside part of your salary to pay for things like extra toolkit, short term incentive-to-Super
- 25% discount on Telstra products and services
- An additional Telstra day off and a volunteer day off
- Opportunity to earn points through our internal recognition program
This role requires the successful candidate to be vaccinated against Covid-19, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people and customers. However, please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Why Telstra Purple
At the heart of our business are our people - a uniquely talented community of business-minded and tech experts helping businesses cut through IT complexity to achieve their unique goals, faster.
We're after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm, and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. We benefit from the unique gifts and backgrounds of each person in our business, and push for diversity of thought in all we do.