Hi! We’re Telstra Purple 👋
We’re more than just tech and innovation. We’re a collection of passionate people who give purpose to technology. These are the most important aspects of our business – in fact, so important that we’ve used them to literally inspire our name. We’re a technology services organisation focused on transforming businesses, from the network to digital experience and we do it all with a purpose in mind.
We recognise that life experiences are varied and complex. We benefit from each person's unique gifts, and push for diversity and inclusivity in all we do. Our people make us a stronger and more purposeful business, where we come to celebrate our shared love of technology.
About The Role
Consultants at Telstra Purple are known for discovering the latest and greatest in technologies, mastering their nuances, and influencing our clients and our community with their potential. As a Software Development Consultant, you'll be an accomplished practitioner in your field helping to deliver innovative solutions for our clients, across a variety of customer environments and technology stacks. You'll grow into a subject matter expert at an accelerated pace, and be part of a community where continuous learning and improvement isn’t just enabled, but embraced.
None of our roles are "just developer" roles - they're all client-facing. Our consultants aren't just productive team members - they are influencers, coaches, mentors, teachers and business partners. We ship code all the time; we're adaptable to the customer's needs working across native iOS and Android stacks along with the major cloud platforms to name a few. You will be able to apply your passion for technology and problem solving, using the latest, cutting edge technologies whilst working alongside and learning from talented, knowledgeable and experienced software development consultants.
Ideally, you have:
- An insatiable passion for development
- Commercial experience in native iOS development with Swift
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Knowledge of UIKit
- 3-5 years of experience in native iOS development with Swift
- Working knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure from providers such as Azure or AWS
- Confidence in applying Agile software delivery principles and Continuous Delivery practices
- Some experience in constructing automation solutions for build and deployment
- Experience engaging with a variety of stakeholders
Not to brag, but we provide some pretty compelling benefits, including:
- Work-life integration - we understand life happens when you're busy making other plans
- A 'Purple Day', which is an additional day of annual leave.
- 'Purple Short Term Incentive' a $10k incentive based on business measures.
- Access to our professional development program
- Telstra 20gb Wi-Fi hotspot
- Laptop/Device allowance renewed every 2 years
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone plan
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme
- Discounted Telstra products and services
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers
We're after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm, and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. We benefit from the unique gifts and backgrounds of each person in our business, and push for diversity of thought in all we do.