Hi, we’re Telstra Purple 👋 People bringing purpose to technology.
We are Australia’s largest owned technology services business, focused on outcome-based, transformative tech solutions that help our customers cut through IT complexity to achieve their bespoke goals, faster. If solving unique problems sparks your interest to help change a business, a community or the environment for the better – we’re in sync.
• Ensuring the Frontline support of Purple’s Managed Service’s clients through call handling and ticket creation, support triage, real time monitoring, proactively managing Response SLA’s efficiently whilst working towards resolution
• Appropriate and efficient escalation of tickets and client issues to senior technical consultants, vendors and management as required
• Proactively engaging with our clients and building professional working relationships with key support contact
• Support of solutions based on Microsoft Technologies, VMWare, NetApp Unified Storage and Commvault Data Management & Backup solutions and or -
• Support of solutions based on Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Juniper, F5, Aruba, Z-scaler VeloCloud, SilverPeak & Riverbed
• Escalate tickets and customer issues appropriately and efficiently to senior engineers, vendors and management as required
• Assisting with the on boarding of new clients into managed services and onto our management toolsets and systems
• Manage vendor support interaction to achieve desired support outcomes.
• Liaise professionally and effectively with key customer stakeholders to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Ensure compliance to processes and standards (including incident and change management processes) to avoid any disruption to customer’s production environments.
• Technical Documentation - Prepare process documentation to describe how networks, infrastructure, applications, products and services operate.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, to arrange and/or participate in acceptance testing of products and equipment, including but not limited to coordination of model & field trials, analysis of results, and verification of new products and platform enhancements.
• Participate in investigations, and work with internal and external stakeholders, to facilitate improvements in equipment/software performance.
• Continuously invest time and effort in maintaining currency in knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies, and take a leadership role in introducing these into Telstra’s delivery capability.
Please note: The role requires some support and implementation activities to be performed outside of business hours
• Experience in working within a support team
• Demonstrated ability in fault logging and ticket management
• Sound time management skills and self-motivation
• Excellent phone manner and customer communication skills
• Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills / experience
• Attention to detail and quality documentation skills is essential
• A dedicated approach to customer service and exceeding expectations.
• Solving problems of varying complexity through analysis, synthesis of potential solutions, and test/deployment of technical resolutions.
• Appreciation for the importance of ITIL processes including, but not limited to change management, incident management, and event management.
• ITIL v4 Foundation certification
• Cisco CCNA or CCNP certified with the relevant routing and switch experience
• F5-101 certified or demonstrate strong experience in working with F5 LTM module as a minimum
• Fortinet NSE-4 or Palo Alto PCNSE certified as a minimum
What we offer
- Access to professional development
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Laptop/ Device
- 20gb Hotspot, to enable you to work from anywhere
- Work/life enablement; so you can balance work + life’s other responsibilities
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone and plan
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme
- Salary sacrifice / packaging. Set aside part of your salary to pay for things like extra toolkit, short term incentive-to-Super
- 25% discount on Telstra products and services
- An additional Telstra day off and a volunteer day off
- Opportunity to earn points through our internal recognition program
Why Telstra Purple
At the heart of our business are our people - a uniquely talented community of business-minded and tech experts helping businesses cut through IT complexity to achieve their unique goals, faster.
We're after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm, and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. We benefit from the unique gifts and backgrounds of each person in our business, and push for diversity of thought in all we do.