Hi, we’re Telstra Purple 👋 People bringing purpose to technology.
We're Australia’s largest owned technology services business, focused on outcome-based, transformative tech solutions that help our customers cut through IT complexity to achieve their bespoke goals, faster. If solving unique problems sparks your interest to help change a business, a community or the environment for the better – we’re in sync.
We're looking for a Senior Azure Infrastructure Consultant to join the portfolio in Adelaide. We'd love a real team player who still loves hands-on delivery, but is also really comfortable in a consulting setting, talking to and advising our external customers on our professional services, Cloud offering.
You provide consulting services and lead medium-large scale engagements across our customer portfolio, often managing multiple engagements at a time.
You’ll use your Consulting skills to make a meaningful contribution to the customer. You’ll often be working on cutting-edge technology and providing our customers with the best solutions to enable their business. You’ll work with a team that loves to collaborate and learn from another. You can work with a team that is genuinely passionate about technology.
• Leverage your subject-matter expertise and strong understanding/translation of customer requirements to scope best-practice services and solutions in line with financial and performance targets and leading of design workshops
• Lead the design, development and delivery of multiple technology consulting engagements; providing technical authority for the overall design, approach and customer deliverables
• Significantly contribute to project management activities, breaking projects down into clear outcomes, milestones and deliverables, and delegating activities to the team (e.g. planning, design, implementation, documentation) to ensure maximum and efficient utilisation of available resources
• Act as a central point of customer contact for technical communications and escalations, and leverage your deep experience and lessons learned to develop issue mitigation strategies and support your team in resolving risks to service delivery
• Authentically engage and manage key stakeholder relationships both internally (e.g. across Telstra Purple Sales, Delivery and Project teams) and externally (e.g. with customers and vendors), in order to deliver outstanding solutions across our portfolio
- You're a mid-senior level Azure Consultant with experience in pre-sales, consulting projects and project delivery and implementation
- Fundamentally strong on Azure AD & Identity management
- Azure ARM templates creation or Terraform skills to build parameterised templates for automated deployments
- Proven hands-on skills on Azure Infra services like VMs, Storage, KeyVault, Load balancers, Security, Application Gateways/Traffic Manager
- Experience in Monitoring, capacity planning and cost optimisation techniques
- Strong in scripting tools like PowerShell, JSON and YAML scripting to automate Infrastructure Azure tasks is highly desirable
- Proven track record on end-to-end delivery of cloud-based projects in Public Cloud migration, tenancy design and deployment and Project Delivery
- Proven extensive experience in Cloud Computing (Public/Multi/Hybrid)
- Real experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines, including scripting abilities to bring automation to solutions
- Knowledge and experience with complexities of migration and transformation within Enterprise and Government environments
- Bonus points for AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional and Azure Solutions Architect - Expert certs
What we offer
- 15 dedicated days per year, for professional development; meaning you don’t have to use your holiday allowance to upskill + study
- A Toolkit allowance of $4200, to spend on your personalised toolkit, renewed every 2 years
- Access to the $10,000 Short Term Incentive plan
- 15 days paid personal/carers leave per year
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Work-life integration - we understand life happens when you're busy making other plans
- 20gb Hotspot, to enable you to work from anywhere
- Work/life enablement; so you can balance work + life’s other responsibilities
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone plan
- An extra ‘Purple Day’ per year, for you to take off and spend as you like
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme
- 25% discount on Telstra products and services
Why Telstra Purple
At the heart of our business are our people - a uniquely talented community of business-minded and tech experts helping businesses cut through IT complexity to achieve their unique goals, faster.