We’re Telstra Purple. People bringing purpose to technology.
We are Australia’s largest owned technology services business, focused on outcome-based, transformative tech solutions that help our customers cut through IT complexity to achieve their bespoke goals, faster. If solving unique problems sparks your interest to help change a business, a community or the environment for the better – we’re in sync.
About the work:
We solve real problems for the biggest clients in New South Wales and nationally. We work in Health, Mining, Education, Commercial, and Government.
We will give you clear goals and timelines and support you to work agile, lean, and iteratively.
Our approaches are flexible by design. We have guides and support, but you are free to solve problems your own way. You will have the autonomy to create your own path and ways to solve problems and create amazing solutions. We also have a number of go-to-market offerings that make us a go-to partner for our customers.
The technology we work in is many and varied. One day you might build a report in Power BI, the next an ETL pipeline in AWS, or perhaps some Big Data IoT solution – the list goes on.
As a Lead Data Consultant, you will need to:
- Have solid experience in Data Engineering, Analytics or Science;
- Have worked in a consulting or customer facing environment
- Be proficient in parts of data engineering, analytics or sciences. For example, you may have worked with building machine learning models, built a data platform or two on Microsoft Azure/ AWS, ingested Big Data, made some nifty ETL pipelines, or created many reports in Power BI.
- Have an automation first mindset. CI/CD tooling, scripting and DevOps is in your DNA.
- Help deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
- Demonstrate the Purple Beliefs.
- Work well in a team.
- Be coachable and pursue all opportunities to develop your skills and capabilities on engagements and in your professional development.
- Build a positive reputation for yourself and for Purple.
- Keep our customers and Purple stakeholders regularly informed of your work progress.
Here is just some of the technology stack we work with and on for our customers:
- AWS Glue/ LakeFormation,
- AWS SageMaker,
- AWS ElasticSearch,
- Google BigQuery,
- Python, Spark, Jupyter, SQL and PowerShell
- All things IoT, including Digital Twins,
- Hadoop and other open-source platforms.
About the benefits:
- Flexible work hours and remote working opportunities.
- 4 weeks leave a year, plus an extra day off (Purple Day), plus the ability to purchase extra annual leave, plus a day for community or volunteer support.
- $4200 toolkit allowance every 2 years to spend on your tools of choice.
- 15 days and $1,500 to spend on professional development per year.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers.
- Free Telstra mobile phone and plan.
- Free Telstra 20gb Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Discounts on Telstra’s and Telstra’s partners’ products and services.
We're after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm, and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. We benefit from the unique gifts and backgrounds of each person in our business, and push for diversity of thought in all we do.
This role requires the successful candidate to be vaccinated against Covid-19, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people and customers. However, please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.