Hi! We’re Telstra Purple 👋
We’re more than just tech and innovation. We’re a collection of passionate people who give purpose to technology. These are the most important aspects of our business – in fact, so important that we’ve used them to literally inspire our name. We’re a technology services organization focused on transforming businesses, from the network to digital experience and we do it all with a purpose in mind.
We recognise that life experiences are varied and complex. We benefit from each person's unique gifts, and push for diversity and inclusivity in all we do. Our people make us a stronger and more purposeful business, where we come to celebrate our shared love of technology.
About the role
We are currently seeking an Cloud Consultant to join our Managed Services team, based in Melbourne.
Our ideal new hire is a customer focused, and passionate Cloud Consultant with previous experience in configuring, managing and supporting solutions on either AWS or Azure platforms.
As a key member of the Telstra Purple Managed Services team you will provide technical support to Managed Services customers. Resolve customer requests, answer questions, and provide proactive services via email, telephone or in person. The Cloud Consultant is a key member of the Telstra Purple Managed Services Team.
In being an advocate of technology, the Consultant - Cloud will have a varied role, being involved in operational support, technology deployment, and will assist in the product development lifecycle
The successful candidate would possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience implementing and supporting Public Cloud Solutions
- Extensive experience in supporting Microsoft Azure and / or Amazon Web Services (AWS) IaaS, PaaS and associated services
- Extensive in supporting Microsoft and / or Linux Operating Systems
- Extensive experience installing and performing changes to virtual servers, Cloud infrastructure, Cloud network configuration following functional design or installation specifications
- Experience and excellent understanding of DevOps processes and practices
- An understanding of core ITIL processes
- Experience with patch management and change management processes
- Experience with wider Microsoft solutions such as Microsoft 365, Microsoft End Point Manager and Active Directory would be beneficial
- A strong desire to learn more about Cloud platforms and technologies
- Experience writing and updating technical documentation
- Ability to participate in a rotating on-call roster system and availability to undertake support work outside of normal business hours from time to time
- Clear an Australian Federal Police Check
and it would be great if you had any of the following too!
- Experience and skills with Kubernetes
- Experience working in a Managed Service Provider
- Experience with pre-sales assisting to scope technical solutions and associated services
- Australian government security clearance
What we offer
- 15 dedicated days per year, for professional development; meaning you don’t have to use your holiday allowance to upskill + study
- A Toolkit allowance of $4200, to spend on your personalised toolkit, renewed every 2 years
- Access to the $10,000 Short Term Incentive plan
- 15 days paid personal/carers leave per year
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Work-life integration - we understand life happens when you're busy making other plans
- 20gb Hotspot, to enable you to work from anywhere
- Work/life enablement; so you can balance work + life’s other responsibilities
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone plan
- An extra ‘Purple Day’ per year, for you to take off and spend as you like
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme
- 25% discount on Telstra products and services
We're after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm, and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. Hit 'apply' now to submit your CV! We look forward to learning about you.
This role requires the successful candidate to be vaccinated against Covid-19, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people and customers. However, please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.