- Job no: XNG3J
Here at the TAB, we’re on a mission to enhance Kiwis’ involvement and enjoyment of racing and sport, by providing a thrilling betting, racing and sports experience and delivering increased returns back to these great industries.
We have an opportunity for an Outside Broadcasting Operator, known internally as an OB operator. The key feature of this role is to provide the delivery of quality outside broadcast for race days and working collaboratively with the wider team to ensure a seamless image is broadcast for television and online viewing.
This is a 20-hour-per-week opportunity, the hours are varied, working between a 6 – 12 hour shift across a range of potential days, primarily this is Wednesday – Saturday however flexibility with hours is essential with travelling to various locations (including overnight)
Why this role?
- Variety – You will work across numerous functions to ensure a quality image
- Support – Awesome team environment working collaboratively with all involved on the day of filming.
- Opportunity – Fantastic role to bring your interest in live TV and develop it.
- Flexibility – 20 hour per week shift pattern to suit your lifestyle.
- Great NZ Business – We are future focussed and commercial – we make a difference to Sports and Racing in NZ. We’re totally Kiwi operated and what we do touches the lives of people, the length and breadth of Aotearoa
- Great People – We value diversity and want people to bring their ‘own self’ to work. We want to work with authentic, passionate human beings and find fun along the way. We focus on people, not only providing lots of training opportunities but the space to give things a crack and learn as you go.
- Great Benefits – as part of our people focus we offer paid medical insurance, lots of wellness goodies, dedicated training plans, hybrid and flexible working and you even get an extra day off for your birthday!!
- You’re keen to take on a role within the Broadcasting industry. Perhaps it’s something new to you or maybe you have some experience.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under the pressure of Live TV
- Be a keen Team player and take direction from all involved on the race day
- Having a full New Zealand Class 1 driver’s license is essential, class 2 would also be highly beneficial
So if this sounds good to you, apply now! Send us your application and include a copy of your current CV and cover letter outlining your preference for working hours.
- Published on 02 Aug 2022, 2:03 AM