A fantastic opportunity to bring your love of sport and racing together with a challenge directing our operational TV crew. If you have experience directing in a TV control room, understand the racing industry and wagering markets, and enjoy the excitement of race day - this could be the role for you.
Based on Auckland's city fringe, the role will see you working as a core member of our production team. The TAB Trackside Channels broadcast live local and international racing seven days a week.
As an Intermediate Director, you will be in charge of our awesome studio crew while maintaining the overall look and feel of our on-air presence of live TV. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and tasks will vary from shift preparation and liaising with producers right through to giving constructive direction and feedback to other members of the team. An opportunity to bring your knowledge, interest and passion for Racing to the small screen.
The production of high-quality TV will be paramount to the success of your role and TAB NZ as a business, and you will use the best possible mix of content to deliver an interesting, informative and exciting broadcast.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A real passion for sport and the racing industry.
- An understanding of sport production processes and technical set-up requirements.
- Previous directing experience - while this is needed in this role, other TV production experience in a key role will be considered
- Outstanding communication skills.
- A desire to play an active role in coordinating all production elements required for output.
- Playing, giving guidance and advice in terms of production value and technical viability.
- Ability to cut and direct multi-camera events.
- The know-how to contribute to the training and development of our talented team in creating training and technical reference documentation
- The skills and readiness to take the next step to an intermediate level, as 2IC to our Team Leaders
Due to the nature of this role, the hours of work will be set by roster and will vary from week to week. Flexibility with work hours is essential as weekend, public holiday and night shift work will be required.
TAB NZ is committed to upholding the very best in broadcasting quality and as an Intermediate Studio Director, you will be the wheels that put this in motion. If you are ready to embrace the challenge, this could be the role for you, so apply now!
- Published on 20 May 2021, 12:01 AM