Here at the TAB, We're on a mission to enhance Kiwis' involvement and enjoyment of racing and sport, by providing a thrilling betting, racing and sports experience, and delivering increased returns back to these great industries.
Ready for a new challenge? We’re on the lookout for a proactive and customer-centric team player to join us in the newly created role of Responsible Gambling Advisor.
In this newly created role, you will take responsibility for the day to day functions of administering the TAB harm minimisation initiatives, ensuring that activities are aligned to the TAB Responsible Gambling strategy. Working as part of a team, you will assess and review customer information to source, identify and intervene to support customers who have or could be in the process of developing gambling-related issues.
On a day to day basis, you’ll focus on:-
- Compliance with legislative frameworks – Ensure TAB meets and exceeds its statutory obligations in the delivery of harm minimisation.
- Monitoring and Reporting - responsibility for ensuring current player monitoring methodologies are maintained and followed within appropriate timelines, completing all harm minimisation reporting in a timely manner
- Relationship Management - develop, build and maintain constructive relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
This is a full-time role, based in our Auckland office and you will report directly to the Responsible Gambling Manager. You’ll bring previous experience of working in a similar role and have a natural empathetic approach to dealing with the sensitive, private and highly confidential nature of gambling-related issues. Excelling in customer service, you will remain cool and calm in challenging situations and have the ability to easily relate to a wide range of cultures and backgrounds.
As a successful applicant, you’ll have:
- Previous experience in a similar role of harm minimisation/responsible gambling, ideally 3-5 years
- Experience working within the wagering, gambling or casino sector is preferred
- A University qualification in psychological or social counselling is desirable but not essential
- Experience in assessing risk and regulatory concerns is highly beneficial
- Extensive experience of customer relationship experience is essential
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to have an investigative mindset and remain objective.
Therefore, if you are a highly skilled and experienced responsible gambling professional with expertise in the gambling industry, then please register your interest and apply now with your CV and cover letter.
- Published on 04 Jun 2021, 5:14 AM