Here at the TAB, we're on a mission to enhance Kiwis' involvement and enjoyment of racing and sport, by providing a thrilling betting, racing and sports experience and delivering increased returns back to these great industries.
Due to a recent promotion, we currently have an opportunity for someone to join our Raceday team on a full-time permanent basis. As a key member of the Raceday Team, you will help run the Racing wagering systems for the TAB. If you totally love racing, sport and wagering and have a strong administrative and computing background then this is the job for you! It is a truly dynamic environment where you work closely with our Bookmakers, Broadcasting (Trackside) team, Clubs and Codes.
This role is a wonderful opportunity to work in an industry that you must be passionate about and also provides a great platform to progress into other areas within the wider TAB business. You'll be responsible for accessing and entering racing information into our betting system pre-race day, checking this information is accurate and then ensuring the error-free running of all race days.
You will be working on a rotating 24/ 7 roster, covering a range of shifts between the hours of 6am – 4am. You’ll also need to be flexible to work weekends and public holidays as required.
- Management of Raceday Data - Accurate and timely inputting, updating and checking of race day data.
- Distribute Raceday Information – Ensure racing information is sent out to all retail outlets – various formats
- International Agency Liaison - Liaise with overseas betting agencies and action any changes to scratchings / jockeys / race start times as required. Up to date race information imparted to punters, aiding their wagering decisions.
- Raceday Reports – Ensure Raceday reports are thorough and produced in a timely manner.
This is a full-time opportunity working 40 hours per week and is based at our Head Office in Petone. This role reports directly to the Raceday Control Team Leader. Our night shifts also have the potential option to work from home too, where possible.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Ability to operate computer systems at an advanced level, in particular, Microsoft and Google applications
- Strong data entry skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure, take control and work unsupervised
- Great problem solve effectively and quickly
- The ability to communicate clearly and work as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure, take control and work unsupervised
What will we offer you?
You’ll be joining a small, friendly and flexible team. We value our people and culture highly and this is an exciting opportunity to thrive in an innovative organisation that values your opinion.
So, how about it? If you have strong administrative and excel skills this could be the opportunity for you. Apply today with an up-to-date CV and cover letter.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.