Our Media and Content team is an essential part of the TAB. We have invested in the latest technology and talent to ensure our broadcast channels in High Definition are a success, the team is housed in a state of the art purpose-built facility in Stanley Street, Auckland
The TAB is one of the largest live broadcasters in NZ broadcasting more than a thousand domestic race meetings annually on our television channels, TAB Trackside 1 and 2. The Trackside Channels broadcast live local and international racing and programme-making, seven days a week on the Sky Television network and also broadcast online.
We are looking for an MCR Operator to take accountability for accurately allocating broadcasting resources within the TAB television Master Control Room and help in overseeing broadcasts of our channels.
Why this role?
This is a technical role with responsibility for ensuring that feeds are compliant, maintaining the highest broadcast standards at all times. As such, you’ll manage the set-up of IP, fibre and satellite feeds and ensures they remain online and to correct technical standards. You’ll also need to be a strong communicator as you’ll be working closely with the Team Leader, Outside Broadcast crews, Production Team, Studio Directors, Engineers and Master Control Rooms from other countries to ensure the smooth transition of content through our facilities.
Working on a roster basis over a 7 day period covering the hours of live racing. In this game, working weekends is essential.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Able to operate the core technical facilities of TAB’s broadcast department and have a clear understanding of the technical operations of a broadcast environment.
- Able to work with our broadcasting engineer to effectively and proactively create and communicate solutions on a highly technical level.
- Identify faults and take immediate action on preventing disruption to traffic.
- Provide operation and technical support to multiple control rooms or other media departments throughout the facility and provide level 1 engineering support to our on-site engineers.
- Ensure correct satellite and streaming procedures are implemented and maintain a high level of quality control across TAB’s Satellite, IP, Fibre and Data lines.
- Previous broadcast operations experience to an advanced level.
- A strong understanding of TAB products and a passion for racing and sports is advantageous.
- Excellent organisational, communication and quality control skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Great team player with strong relationship building skills
Why you should join?
We’re totally Kiwi operated and what we do touches the lives of a great number of people, the length and breadth of Aotearoa. You’ll be joining an organisation that provides you with real opportunities to challenge yourself and to make a difference.
We are a friendly bunch and this is a great opportunity to be part of a small dynamic team in a very fast-paced environment. We're committed to the development of our people and to providing career advancement
Based on Auckland's city fringe, the role will see you working as a core member of our wider Broadcasting and Operations team.
To apply, include a copy of your current CV and a cover letter outlining your background and why you believe you will be the best person to join our team as our next MCR Operator
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.