Here at the TAB, we're on a mission to enhance Kiwis' involvement and enjoyment of racing and sport, by providing a thrilling betting, racing and sports experience and delivering increased returns back to these great industries.
We are looking for an experienced Field Service Technician, known internally as Direct Channels Engineer. The key feature of this role is to provide technical support for TAB wagering and associated equipment in the Retail and Racing Services business units. We pride ourselves on delivering a quality service for when they experience challenges with products.
As a Field Service Technician, you will be excited by the opportunity to deliver a first-class service and after-care experience to our customers, evaluating products to determine the most appropriate course of repair or maintenance. You will cover installations, maintenance, replacement and repairs. A key part of your role will also be to process incoming parts and carry out workshop repairs and maintenance for all TAB wagering equipment.
Working across a 7 day rotating roster, you’ll need to be available to work between the hours of 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Saturday, in addition, to also covering on-call duties. As you will be covering a variety of locations across Auckland, we’ll also need you to be flexible to the changeable nature of the role each day.
- Respond to incidents and repairs, completing accurate diagnosis via phone or on location at TAB retail outlets or racetracks
- Manage pre-race day testing to ensure the network and wagering capability is functioning
- Follow correct procedures when carrying out warranty work, and ensure all warranty parts are kept for the required period
- Ensure stock levels in the workshop stores are maintained to appropriate levels, undertaking preventative maintenance programmes on all equipment including test and tag
- Maintain accurate records - installations, track diagrams, workshop parts inventory
This is a full-time opportunity that is essential to the smooth running of our retail and oncourse operations. Based in Auckland, you will report to the Direct Channels Engineer Team Lead.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Electrical service technician certification (EST) or EAS with at least 2 years experience in a technical role dealing with electronic components
- Full class 1 clean driving licence is essential
- An understanding of Jetbet, data networks, video & audio reticulation would be highly beneficial, as would knowledge of wagering equipment functionality
- An understanding of inventory management
- Ability to plan and successfully complete tasks to specification with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously alongside excellent interpersonal demeanour and commitment to customer service
What will we offer you?
You’ll be joining a small, friendly and flexible team. We value our people and culture highly and this is an exciting opportunity to thrive in an innovative organisation that values your opinion.
So, how about it? If you are an experienced Technician, then this could be the role for you. Apply today with an up-to-date CV and cover letter.