The TAB is an exciting and fun environment to work in, particularly if you have a passion for Sport or Racing. At the TAB, we're on a mission to enhance Kiwis’ involvement and enjoyment of racing and sport, by providing a thrilling betting, racing and sports experience and delivering increased returns to these great industries.
Integral to our Trackside Channel operation is the digital outside broadcast unit. Through the use of the TAB's outside broadcast fleet, regional teams are responsible for the filming of live race day activities.
The TAB is currently recruiting for casual Camera Operators based out of our Hamilton Office covering racedays across the Waikato region. As a Camera Operator, you will be responsible for setting up and operating cameras for filming races.
- We're totally Kiwi operated and what we do touches the lives of a great number of people, the length and breadth of Aotearoa.
- You'll be joining an organisation that provides you with real opportunities to challenge yourself and to make a difference.
What you’ll need:
- Possess clear, concise and effective interpersonal communication skills
- A full New Zealand Class 1 driver's license is essential and Class 2 or 4 would be beneficial
- Be able to climb and work in elevated camera towers as well as lift heavy camera equipment – Though full training will be provided
- Possess problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working as part of a team and independently
- Have good hand-eye coordination skills and good attention to detail
- Experience in television camera operation would be beneficial, but training will be offered to the right candidate. Your passion and enthusiasm are just as important.
As a casual employee, you will be contacted and asked to work on a 'as-needed' basis, typical workdays are Wednesday to Sunday. You may be asked to work weekdays, weekends, nights and public holidays.
The TAB is committed to providing a safe workplace, so the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test and medical assessment.
What will we offer you?
You’ll be joining a friendly and flexible team environment where you are empowered to use your initiative and make things happen. We value our people and culture highly and this is an exciting opportunity to thrive in an innovative organisation that values your opinion.
Sound like you? We’re keen to hear from you and accepting applications now, so if you are interested check out the position description below for more information and apply now! We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
In order to be considered for this position, you must currently reside in and have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
TAB requires all employees to be and remain fully vaccinated throughout their employment. We will also require a copy of your Covid 19 Vaccination Passport or medical exemption (if applicable), should you get to the final stage of the recruitment process